any way to use an ultra micro rx from a mossie for a delta build

Pilot-294

doing a scratch build, exploring possibilities, and i wonder if i plugged things in differently i could use the rx out of my UM mosquito for a delta bird.

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
Probably not. Unless you made it roughly the same size and weight as the mossie, and used the same powerplant.

Pilot-294

it would be, I'm just wondering if i can use the rx for a delta ultra micro scratch build

so it would be the same size maybe lighter

earthsciteach

It should be just a matter of setting the mix on your TX. Why do you want to kill the Mossie? Its so cool!

Pilot-294

it is, but its looking like its seen 3 world wars, couple of holes and such. i know its cool, i plan on getting a whole new one after tech school to replace it. I'm just dying for a build or a new plane... or something. I'm SO SO SO nervous about leaving soon, i need something to help my mind off of leaving for as long as possible. I'm getting batty over here lol

and i think the elevator servo is mounted fast to the rx. can't mix it with all the servos plugged in, they counteract the mix. ailerons and elevator servos all work all the time, the surfaces would be doing some wacky things...

Last edited:

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
If you make an Ultra Micro Delta... Try using 3mm depron if thats the route your going... And as always, don't forget to post pics!

Pilot-294

will do!

on a side note i posted a build thread that i will be updating as it evolves and if it evolves. this post was simply to see if i can make a micro into a delta, as not to seem like I'm double posting.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Ok, I couldn't figure an easy way to make it do delta, but I didn't exactly give up...

395303_2992940296324_1046641667_2973032_48131365_n.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I know it's ugly as sin, but it seems like it will fly.

If it isn't raining before I head in to work in the morning, I'll give it a toss in the front yard.

Pilot-294

thats pretty sweet, as you said, ugly, but sweet. might do a slot prop micro jet with it. but something like that is definitely cool. maybe ill give it a shot if yours flies ok

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
Whats the weight on that thing monkey? It looks heavy but I may be wrong. Does it use the stock battery?
Found a video on a similar idea, here is the flying footage

Last edited: