Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Hmm, well mixed feelings on this one... How crazy does this sound - we could do a mixed build! I honestly want to (and was considering before I made the post) build the full sized mustang. But hey - I’ve already started a mini mustang but wouldn’t it be cool to make one of each and compare the flight characteristics? I think it would be fun for me at least. What do you all think of that? Would it be too much to have two different planes on a group build or would it be cool to see different variations on one awesome bird - the P-51?
That would be cool! Josh said in the mini mustang release video that it was based on the full sized mustang. Maybe with this we can see how similar it really is. Also, it would be a cool way for us to share our own mods and maybe even use mods for one aircraft on another aircraft. If I do end up doing this, it would be my third mini mustang build (4th if you count the micro chuck glider I made with paper plates), and I would like to try to mod the design this time to improve it for my own personal uses.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
That would be cool! Josh said in the mini mustang release video that it was based on the full sized mustang. Maybe with this we can see how similar it really is. Also, it would be a cool way for us to share our own mods and maybe even use mods for one aircraft on another aircraft. If I do end up doing this, it would be my third mini mustang build (4th if you count the micro chuck glider I made with paper plates), and I would like to try to mod the design this time to improve it for my own personal uses.
Yay - we’ve got one taker. Anybody else?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Hmm, well mixed feelings on this one... How crazy does this sound - we could do a mixed build! I honestly want to (and was considering before I made the post) build the full sized mustang. But hey - I’ve already started a mini mustang but wouldn’t it be cool to make one of each and compare the flight characteristics? I think it would be fun for me at least. What do you all think of that? Would it be too much to have two different planes on a group build or would it be cool to see different variations on one awesome bird - the P-51?
Maybe drop the mini from the big guy :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So I asked one of my buddies if he’d be interested in building a 200% mustang and he said yes! Well I forgot something. I don’t have any electronics, so unless he wants to buy them (which I doubt he will) I’ll only be building the mini mustang and the standard mustang. Maybe later I’ll do a monster mustang but for right now I can’t afford buying a whole new setup...

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
When are you going to start the thread @The Hangar ? I have to get some stuff for this build from the ft store, and I was thinking of waiting a bit until Christmas to maybe get a sale on some stuff. Also, my dad always pays for my rc stuff and I’m doing this with my own money, so I would like to get some stuff on sale since I don’t have much money to use. Also, I have a break from school around that time so I would be able to build a lot faster and the chance of me losing interest would be much lower (it is already VERY low, so that doesn’t change much). Anyways, I know that this one is going to be fun! I have never done a group build before!

K3V0

Elite member
Alrighty then! I got off the plane two hours ago, made it home put the kid down for a nap and....
Voila!
A319DD3A-189E-4771-B692-EEC97760B12C.jpeg
CC8F9671-D715-4CA5-A165-CD70C275922D.jpeg
2761F88F-FD61-4D5F-B6E0-4DB639B44957.jpeg
F8E2DD8C-6CE2-42AD-B7F3-FDF04C382808.jpeg
8CD4AEC5-C46C-4E29-937E-29EF84DC27C6.jpeg

Mini Stang plangs!
On to the poster board!