Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I really like foam tac too, the problem is that it is still more expensive than hot glue (I got a 5 pound box of adtech hot glue a few years ago and its gonna last a while so its not like I'm gonna need to pay for hot glue for a long time) and it is hard for me to get since I would have to pay shipping and stuff. It really is nice though! I built my crack yak with mostly that and you can't even see the joints where I glued pieces together... It's like the foam tac melted the foam pieces into one!

OliverW

Legendary member
Finally got my first skin on the skyray done after my computer deleted the old one. Fun,
20201031_233824.jpg
right?!? Lol

Wildthing

Legendary member
One problem. I just can't figure out why all you guys kept this a secret from me for so long. :(:LOL:
This build seems lightning-fast after moving from Gorilla Glue. Wow. And super clean.

I hate Gorilla Glue, Foam Tac I started with and then I switched to UHU Por, comes in a squeeze tube instead of a bottle which I like better but the two glues are pretty close otherwise.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I suspected Foam Tac was pretty much the same as UHU Por or Titan Wild or both. Thanks for confirming that.
Another one you can use which tacs up pretty fast, not as fast as the UHU or Foam Tac is the Craft Medly Premium Craft glue sold at the Dollar Tree stores. It cures rock hard though so no flex to it like the other two but it is dirt cheap compared to them. It cut the cost for me way down

Another one you can use which tacs up pretty fast, not as fast as the UHU or Foam Tac is the Craft Medly Premium Craft glue sold at the Dollar Tree stores. It cures rock hard though so no flex to it like the other two but it is dirt cheap compared to them. It cut the cost for me way down
@Wildthing thank a million. Options are blowing up all over the place now! There's a dollar tree literally two blocks from me.:)

In fact there's a Dollar General three blocks in the other direction that sells this very thin tri-fold foamboard by a firm called "Artskills". It might be 3mm. I've got some and I keep trying to think of some genius use for it.