Anybody else scratch building tonight?

K3V0

Elite member
Took the Mountain Scout out for a maiden today. It has an issue with not much throw in the left rudder and I suspect it’s more a centering issue than a badly made hinge. Nevertheless, we fly right? So she got into the air alright but really didn’t like to turn without doing a... wing over? I’m not sure of the maneuver, only that I had to climb and tip over to turn in a direction I liked. But she is lots of fun to fly! Even with a little 2s battery she was able to climb and loop. The single layer wings were visibly straining and I probably only have a couple of more flight out of her if I keep flying hard. Also took the Storch and TT out. Also had a buddy out to maiden his new 3D plane.
679B530E-50D0-4B6E-88DB-A3DC5C308401.jpeg
73F46F96-CB0A-4E30-B8EC-91951F32F689.jpeg
F36D1920-502A-4394-91D8-88BBD7FFCD76.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Took the Mountain Scout out for a maiden today. It has an issue with not much throw in the left rudder and I suspect it’s more a centering issue than a badly made hinge. Nevertheless, we fly right? So she got into the air alright but really didn’t like to turn without doing a... wing over? I’m not sure of the maneuver, only that I had to climb and tip over to turn in a direction I liked. But she is lots of fun to fly! Even with a little 2s battery she was able to climb and loop. The single layer wings were visibly straining and I probably only have a couple of more flight out of her if I keep flying hard. Also took the Storch and TT out. Also had a buddy out to maiden his new 3D plane. View attachment 146958 View attachment 146959 View attachment 146960
Congrats on a successful maiden! Great pictures!

whackflyer

Master member
Took the Mountain Scout out for a maiden today. It has an issue with not much throw in the left rudder and I suspect it’s more a centering issue than a badly made hinge. Nevertheless, we fly right? So she got into the air alright but really didn’t like to turn without doing a... wing over? I’m not sure of the maneuver, only that I had to climb and tip over to turn in a direction I liked. But she is lots of fun to fly! Even with a little 2s battery she was able to climb and loop. The single layer wings were visibly straining and I probably only have a couple of more flight out of her if I keep flying hard. Also took the Storch and TT out. Also had a buddy out to maiden his new 3D plane. View attachment 146958 View attachment 146959 View attachment 146960
What brand is that plane? The lines are all very similar to a Multiplex Parkmaster Pro. I had one and it was a great flying plane...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I crashed my spitfire today and I think it’s time for a new build! I’ve narrowed it down to three planes: the p-40, mig-3, and the duster. What do you think?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Since I have yet to get a fixed wing to stay in the air and have several hanging from my walls in various states of repair and or flight status I decided to take some of my mismatched and used or worn out quad parts and make an attempt at a snow craft I can fpv in bad weather when flying is not an option. I think we are in for a LOT of snow here this winter so now would be the time to have one.

I got 4 sheets of foam board left to do it with out of my first foam board buy back in 2017. Its a tad bowed from sitting straight up in the box against a wall this long so probably not straight enough for an air frame build anyways.

Ill probably start a build thread for giggles n hahas to let you all see how really clueless I am at being crafty. Ill be using any and all junk I have laying around so some of the parts n methods may be interesting and or unorthodox for scratch building. We shall see.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Just printed off the plans for the Bushwhacker for some 3D practice. I am currently grounded from flying, waiting on a new Tx. Might just be in build mode for a bit. I might do a FT-3D as well. I might have access to some F pack equivalent motors so I could do some Mini twins... I wonder what @Grifflyer Shrubsmacker would be like as a twin, or a Mini Sea Duck. I don't have all the electronics to fill all the planes but I will get a few started and see what happens.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Just printed off the plans for the Bushwhacker for some 3D practice. I am currently grounded from flying, waiting on a new Tx. Might just be in build mode for a bit. I might do a FT-3D as well. I might have access to some F pack equivalent motors so I could do some Mini twins... I wonder what @Grifflyer Shrubsmacker would be like as a twin, or a Mini Sea Duck. I don't have all the electronics to fill all the planes but I will get a few started and see what happens.
Sweet! It's fun to just build sometimes... You have some really cool projects in the near future;)