Anybody else scratch building tonight?

veloxsouth

Still want to adjust my cg further forward but otherwise, my first scratch build is mostly done!

Attachments

• 20191108_012210.jpg
    20191108_012210.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
Working on my first attempt at a V tail elevon plane, while also testing a new low aspect shape. It's a symmetrical kite or long diamond shape, widest part right in the center. I need to reinforce the bottom the electronics and linkages will be added.

Attachments

• IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Just printed off the plans for the Bushwhacker for some 3D practice. I am currently grounded from flying, waiting on a new Tx. Might just be in build mode for a bit. I might do a FT-3D as well. I might have access to some F pack equivalent motors so I could do some Mini twins... I wonder what @Grifflyer Shrubsmacker would be like as a twin, or a Mini Sea Duck. I don't have all the electronics to fill all the planes but I will get a few started and see what happens.
A twin Shrubby that sounds cool!!
Another good twin 3D is plane in the mini guinea.

mach1 rc

Master member
I hear EDF's can be fussy with their intake/exhaust tube geometry, how did you sort that out with this plane? What's the Kv rating on the EDF?
I put a cheater hole in the bottom for high alpha a
I hear EDF's can be fussy with their intake/exhaust tube geometry, how did you sort that out with this plane? What's the Kv rating on the EDF?
it has a cheater hole cut in the bottom and is 2300kv edf
It has a cheater hole cut in the bottom for high alpha and is a 2300kv motor.
20191104_133441.jpg

Vimana89

Legendary member
Back from an interesting maiden. No crashes but man does this plane just🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈. I added in so much down trim it starts to fight itself and become pitchy. I'm not sure if it's the shape of the wing, my thrust angle, CG or what. Will post video on the "what did you fly today" thread. This plane does boast some stellar high alpha potential and a good speed envelope, and loops are effortless. If I can get it working right,cool, if not I can't afford to waste too much time with it at the moment and will just use the parts to rebuild my slender delta.