Anybody else scratch building tonight?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Anyway enough frivolity.
I managed to finish painting the F22 Mk1 while I was off and checked the CG, which is okay. It still needs some varnish and a new cowl to finish it off properly though.
I've also started work on the Edge, stripped the Motor and ESC out to begin with. The F1 former is the only part that's damaged, unfortunately due to the design I have to remove the cowl to get access and replace it. I initially considered just bracing it from front and back with ply and using something like gorilla glue as an adhesive, but getting to the front of the former is difficult as access is cramped through the cowl.
So its looking like I will have to remove the cowl completely, just so I can replace the former with either: an alternative version consisting solid Plywood or a laminated version with a thin plywood backing. As the cowl is glued to the side panels of the fuselage they will suffer during the cowl removal, so they may need replacing or repair too.
Its a pain but its got to be done, I wont be happy doing a half arsed repair on it.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Lost me here guys are Dr Seuss books banned in the good old US of A ?
If you really want the details, PM me and I can try to dig you up some info on them... IIRC some people screemed racism about a few of the books and the publisher stopped publishing them, a few websites stopped letting people sell them... etc. etc. etc.

Scotto

Elite member
Well an auxillary edf jet is pretty amazing on a gee bee (I think ive seen that in real life on a waco at oshkosh) but heres something that should definitely not be done.
20210227_135012.jpg 20210227_135024.jpg This started with "ailer-offs" after the Grinch stole them, that old liar, the last thing he took was the horns for their wire. And very blown rudder and elevons. It didnt work but the throws and surfacecls were YUGE and sloppy. I guess ill keep trying. I cant let it beat me.