Anybody else scratch building tonight?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Wellcome on board the flying ship buddy. Don't feel bad about the Simple Soarer I hadn't had much success building it either and I built a few planes before tackling that one. I would highly recommend the Tiny Trainer as a super fun plane to learn to fly with if you need to get back into flying. Otherwise if you are more expreinced you can try anything with a B or C pack motor. You can also check out this resource to check what build options you have for either the B pack or C pack motor. https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...l-the-ft-models-with-electronics-required.64/
Yeah, my simple soarer journey wasn't that great either. The design seems pretty weak and can't hold up to the punishment I put my planes through. ;) It flew alright, but one crash and the fuse broke...

PoorManRC

Master member
Lots of great advice - WARNINGS on this Thread!! Very educational.

A bit off topic.... But what I'm currently Scratchbuilding tonight, has Wheels instead of Wings. 😉

I'm building a 1946 Dodge Power Wagon Body for my SCX10 one...
Currently Scratchbuilding an interior for the Cab. It really bugs me in the RC Crawler Community, to see beautifully done Bodies, that's just an empty Shell, with nobody Driving, in a nonexistent Interior!! 😖
IMG_20200112_004300.jpg
IMG_20200112_001757.jpg
IMG_20200112_000841.jpg

Gauges from detailing my FT Aircraft!! 😉
IMG_20200112_002240.jpg
IMG_20200112_003018.jpg
IMG_20200113_090130.jpg

That's where I'm at so far...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Lots of great advice - WARNINGS on this Thread!! Very educational.

A bit off topic.... But what I'm currently Scratchbuilding tonight, has Wheels instead of Wings. 😉

I'm building a 1946 Dodge Power Wagon Body for my SCX10 one...
Currently Scratchbuilding an interior for the Cab. It really bugs me in the RC Crawler Community, to see beautifully done Bodies, that's just an empty Shell, with nobody Driving, in a nonexistent Interior!! 😖
View attachment 154690 View attachment 154692 View attachment 154693
Gauges from detailing my FT Aircraft!! 😉
View attachment 154694 View attachment 154691 View attachment 154695
That's where I'm at so far...
I really like that - it looks super great! (y)(y)(y)

PoorManRC

Master member
I really like that - it looks super great! (y)(y)(y)
Thanks! It's getting there. It's a process....

Ironically the MORE a Crawler weighs, the better it performs! 😳 Something I learned early, with Tubby Cubby!!!
FT Cubs seem to have enough issues flying - and landing well...
Making one over 1100g didn't help!! 😳😖

Not even BIX can stick a good Landing in a Cub!

Hopefully, my Simple Scout, finally nearly done, will do better. Bixler changed things in its design, almost admitting he messed up with the Cub!! 😜

BTW, Maidened the Baby Blender today... With @jpot1 extended Fuse and my Extended Upper Wing...
BEST Flying FT Aircraft I've ever seen!!! 👌👋👋👋👋👋

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Ironically the MORE a Crawler weighs, the better it performs! 😳 Something I learned early, with Tubby Cubby!!!

Hopefully, my Simple Scout, finally nearly done, will do better. Bixler changed things in its design, almost admitting he messed up with the Cub!! 😜

BTW, Maidened the Baby Blender today... With @jpot1 extended Fuse and my Extended Upper Wing...
The cub is interesting in my opinion. I flew it again today and it flies really nice and has an awesome presence in the air. With the bush tires I was actually able to pull of a pretty great landing last time I flew! This time I did it with floats on the snow and it was beautiful! That being said, I really love the way the scout flies as well, and can't wait to get the modded one to done look like an ultra stick. I'm going to finish it up next month and maiden it! I know you're going to love yours! :D

PoorManRC

Master member
The cub is interesting in my opinion. I flew it again today and it flies really nice and has an awesome presence in the air. With the bush tires I was actually able to pull of a pretty great landing last time I flew! This time I did it with floats on the snow and it was beautiful! That being said, I really love the way the scout flies as well, and can't wait to get the modded one to done look like an ultra stick. I'm going to finish it up next month and maiden it! I know you're going to love yours! :D
I honestly think the FT Simple Cub is a personal thing.... You love it or you don't!

I'm also looking forward to seeing your modified Scout fly!! 👍👍
Mine, more like a detailing exercise than a modified Plane, should fly well. Even with the added details - I've kept a Scale nearby...

With a 2000 MAh 3S Batry installed, she's still under 800g!!! 😁

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I honestly think the FT Simple Cub is a personal thing.... You love it or you don't!

I'm also looking forward to seeing your modified Scout fly!! 👍👍
Mine, more like a detailing exercise than a modified Plane, should fly well. Even with the added details - I've kept a Scale nearby...

With a 2000 MAh 3S Batry installed, she's still under 800g!!! 😁
That's great!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

You flew it!! And you obviously liked it. You would have posted video if you had some I am sure. How did it go? I am excited to hear buddy, details please :eek::p

PoorManRC

Master member
You flew it!! And you obviously liked it. You would have posted video if you had some I am sure. How did it go? I am excited to hear buddy, details please :eek::p
Cindi FORGOT the SD card!!! 😡😖
I'm going to try to take her up again on Thursday. Rain today. 😞

Dude, the word was SMOOTH! Floated off the ground at half throttle, let her go a few feet before pulling up. It was the most Scale looking thing I had ever seen!! THAT was always my goal. Not throwing it in the Air, but Taxiing out to the Runway, and taking off! Like I used to do in the real thing. I'm having the hardest time getting some People to understand that.

Hopefully, on Thursday there WILL be Video!! 👍👍

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Cindi FORGOT the SD card!!! 😡😖
I'm going to try to take her up again on Thursday. Rain today. 😞

Dude, the word was SMOOTH! Floated off the ground at half throttle, let her go a few feet before pulling up. It was the most Scale looking thing I had ever seen!! THAT was always my goal. Not throwing it in the Air, but Taxiing out to the Runway, and taking off! Like I used to do in the real thing. I'm having the hardest time getting some People to understand that.

Hopefully, on Thursday there WILL be Video!! 👍👍
I too demand a video :).

K3V0

Elite member
Those of you with small kids will know that moment where you haven’t heard them for a little while and all of the sudden you’re very suspicious. I was wondering what my guy was up too when I saw this
139DB9A6-2CC7-4E11-B9E2-F5988A58B01F.jpeg
“sniff” 😭I’m so proud, son!
He had upended my scrap bin and helped himself to the glue gun. I asked what he was building and he told me it was a 4x4 track for his hot wheels. We had a talk about using the tools while I’m around but I’m pretty stoked he’s following along!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Those of you with small kids will know that moment where you haven’t heard them for a little while and all of the sudden you’re very suspicious. I was wondering what my guy was up too when I saw this View attachment 154761 “sniff” 😭I’m so proud, son!
He had upended my scrap bin and helped himself to the glue gun. I asked what he was building and he told me it was a 4x4 track for his hot wheels. We had a talk about using the tools while I’m around but I’m pretty stoked he’s following along!
Awesome!

PoorManRC

Master member
Those of you with small kids will know that moment where you haven’t heard them for a little while and all of the sudden you’re very suspicious. I was wondering what my guy was up too when I saw this View attachment 154761 “sniff” 😭I’m so proud, son!
ABSOLUTELY a #ProudDad !!!

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Well, now he's hooked for life. Prepare for bank account punishment when his birthday rolls around again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: