Anybody else scratch building tonight?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
yeah but I want something manouverable. I did kombat with my tiny trainer and had a hard time adjusting for the streamer.

my tiny trainer did fine for streamer combat with a 3cell... but definitely was less manuverable then ideal. So your looking for streamer combat not 'smash the planes together' combat? If so, my other suggest of the Arrow, wouldn't work great as it is a pusher. I would suggest my v-tail, but I don't have plans for it and am still working out the final trimming... it is very agile (could easily cut its own tail), but has a trim and/or thrust angle issue that i am still working out.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I've got a spare 70mm BDF and 7 weeks to do something with it. I really want a delta jet for the low speed/high alpha capability and stability, I'm thinking of trying for an F-106. Anyone got any better ideas?

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I've got a spare 70mm BDF and 7 weeks to do something with it. I really want a delta jet for the low speed/high alpha capability and stability, I'm thinking of trying for an F-106. Anyone got any better ideas?
I wonder if you could do something like a F-86 sabre, but as an aerobatic biplane! Symmetrical wings, and you could put some sick tundra tires on too!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So I have yet to get a warbird to fly consistently. Over the past year I've built a Spitfire and a mini Mustang. Neither would be called successful. I decided to try the Spitfire again and I'm most of the way through the build but I noticed a problem with the wings. I glued the halves together and one wing is about 3/32 thicker than the other across almost its entire chord. See pic. What do you think, is it enough off that I should build another wing or is it no problem?

View attachment 173399
Shouldn't be any issue at all.

Timmy

Legendary member
MIG 15!!! MIG 15!!! MIG 15!!! MIG 15!!!
its dosent have delta wings but still
you could make a modded mig with delta wings.
BOOM I even changed my profile pic to a MIG 15

Edit: I miss my old P 51 profile pic:confused:

Last edited:

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Fine do that then.
How come you don't like the mig 15 but you like the F 86. The are sooo similar! Ok maybe the F 86 looks a bit better.
The F-86 has better lines and is American, the MIG looks like a beer keg with wings. Plus the F-86 is a much better aircraft.
no :oops:
that thing looks wonky
I never really liked to look of it either but it has a good history.

None of it matters all that much anyway because:

F-106.jpg