Help! AR620 channel asssignments

Winston1203

So, I finished my plane and I am just waiting for my battery to arrive, and I was wondering which cord goes into which slot on the receiver, could anyone help?

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Generally they will be labeled. Though Spektrum gear has the advantage of you can actually change channel assignments on the reciever from the transmitter, so in the event that you need to change which ports to put the plugs for the servos into, or you accidentally put the plugs into the wrong channels and the receiver is somewhere where you can't easily get to it, you have that option.

Not to burst your bubble but I haven't heard great things so far about the antennaless Spektrum stuff. Every guy at my club that has gotten one has had some kind of signal problem with them.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Since you only have two servos and an ESC, the wires that come off of them that have 3 cables will go into the receiver. The receiver itself has no battery plugged into it - here the power is supplied by the ESC's integrated BEC.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
oh, but which numbers do you plug each of them into?

Looking at it straight on and going left to right:

First slot on the left is Battery port. On older receivers, before they added the bind button, it was the "bind" port, and would be used for people flying with a battery pack instead of using a BEC or battery elimination circuit. From there, going to the right, It's TAERGA - Throttle on port 1, Aileron on port 2, Elevator on port 3, Rudder on port 4, Gear on port 5, AUX1 on port 6. All can be reprogrammed via the computerized programming on almost all of the Spectrum radios, though, so it's possible to have the Rudder on port 2, ailerons on port 5, etc...It's kind of a pain to reprogram, though, so I generally leave it.

1589168060421.png

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Looking at it straight on and going left to right:

First slot on the left is Battery port. On older receivers, before they added the bind button, it was the "bind" port, and would be used for people flying with a battery pack instead of using a BEC or battery elimination circuit. From there, going to the right, It's TAERGA - Throttle on port 1, Aileron on port 2, Elevator on port 3, Rudder on port 4, Gear on port 5, AUX1 on port 6. All can be reprogrammed via the computerized programming on almost all of the Spectrum radios, though, so it's possible to have the Rudder on port 2, ailerons on port 5, etc...It's kind of a pain to reprogram, though, so I generally leave it.

View attachment 168592
Great post on this, someone should pin this somewhere. Just to be clear for @Winston1203 this RX gets it's power from the esc connector at port 1 and the Batt. port will be blank with nothing plugged into it for a standard hook up. Spectrum has a couple decent vids on these RX's but they don't line out the ports like this for some reason.