Solved AR620 receiver...what goes where?

Douglas

I am doing my first build. I have an AR620 receiver. It has a slot labeled BATT (for the battery I presume) and then slots numbered 1-6. Where do I plug elevator, rudder, ailerons (boy I have trouble spelling that word), etc so that my sticks move the surfaces I want them to move?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
That will depend on your transmitter configuration. Most default to either TAER or AETR. Spectrum usually defaults to TAER.
Ch1 Throttle
Ch2 Aileron
Ch3 Elevator
Ch4 Rudder

Cheers!
LitterBug

Flyingshark

Master member
I am doing my first build. I have an AR620 receiver. It has a slot labeled BATT (for the battery I presume) and then slots numbered 1-6. Where do I plug elevator, rudder, ailerons (boy I have trouble spelling that word), etc so that my sticks move the surfaces I want them to move?
The BATT slot only needs to be used if your ESC doesn't have a Battery Eliminator Circuit.

If you're using an FT Power Pack, all those ESCs seem to have BECs. (If you didn''t have a BEC, you'd have to do something to power the receiver, like plugging in a small battery.)

You can just leave the BATT slot empty and plug your ESC into Channel 1. It will power the receiver and the servos through the same plug that it gets its control info from the receiver through, so there's no need to worry about attaching any other wires.

Douglas

The BATT slot only needs to be used if your ESC doesn't have a Battery Eliminator Circuit.

If you're using an FT Power Pack, all those ESCs seem to have BECs. (If you didn''t have a BEC, you'd have to do something to power the receiver, like plugging in a small battery.)

You can just leave the BATT slot empty and plug your ESC into Channel 1. It will power the receiver and the servos through the same plug that it gets its control info from the receiver through, so there's no need to worry about attaching any other wires.
Thanks. I’m building the Simple Cub with Powerpack C. I have a Spektrum DX8. I’ve plugged in my battery, but I don’t know what to do next. How do I bind it to my transmitter?

Flyingshark

Master member
Thanks. I’m building the Simple Cub with Powerpack C. I have a Spektrum DX8. I’ve plugged in my battery, but I don’t know what to do next. How do I bind it to my transmitter?
You should have instructions on how to bind a receiver to your transmitter in the tx's manual. (I got a 50-page book in 4 languages with my DX6e.)

Anyway,
Press and hold the receiver's bind button (big button on the top) while plugging it in. Release the bind button when the rx's orange light is flashing. (It's in bind mode.)
Put the transmitter into bind mode and turn it on. (On the DX6e, this involves holding the tx's bind button while turning it on.) Release the transmitter's bind button when it stops saying binding... on the screen. Usually with Spektrum stuff it will then show you the receiver type and a number below that.

Again, there's probably more detailed instructions in the manual, including on how to program SmartSafe, where the controls go to a preset failsafe (loss of signal) position. Otherwise it just holds the last control input until it regains contact with the transmitter.