Build-ruary: FTFC21by GliderFlyer (Build skill 4 pilot skill 3)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I was so busy writing instructions for the Dakota,*whew* that I forgot to add it to my Build-ruary list!

If you want to see build pictures, you can check out the discussion under the resource.

View attachment 191988
I have not yet flown the Baby blender, but I did get to "fly" this one today. I will post a video on my YouTube channel soon.
Looks good! You’re making good progress - I don’t even have all the parts to my p-38 cut out. :oops: I might have to simplify my build list if I want to get 4 builds done.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
image.jpg
Got some progress today on build#3
Still have yet to fly the baby blender

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I was thinking about how slow the mini scout flies and how I would like to build something that can fly in my
cul-de-sac, so the next thing I know, I have the plans printed and then cut out. I built this in about 2 hours, and flew it immediately afterwards. @FoamyDM can you add the mini scout to my build list? Sorry, no build pictures.
IMG_20210215_150145.jpg

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I have the urge to start the FT delta before I run out of time. I know, its only the 16th, but maybe I am planning on building more than 5 airplanes this month:sneaky:
Anyways, I decided not to scale down the delta because I compared the dry weight of the Delta and @Grifflyer 's L 39 and I saw a big difference (guess which one is lighter)
I am putting off the commuter for now until I have the chance for an actual maiden of the Dakota (I need the servos)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have the urge to start the FT delta before I run out of time. I know, its only the 16th, but maybe I am planning on building more than 5 airplanes this month:sneaky:
Anyways, I decided not to scale down the delta because I compared the dry weight of the Delta and @Grifflyer 's L 39 and I saw a big difference (guess which one is lighter)
I am putting off the commuter for now until I have the chance for an actual maiden of the Dakota (I need the servos)
Servos, the never-ending issue... I've finally gotten to the point where I have enough though, thanks to $1 amazon specials! :LOL:

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I have started construction on the EDF delta. The build seems pretty straight-forward, so I did not watch the build video. I probably should. haven't figured out a way to mount the modified power pod(it will hold the battery and other electronics) without a firewall. I'll probably end up using rubber bands or tape:LOL:
I still haven't flown the Baby Blender, its turning into procrastination now. I don't want the maiden to be on a dirt field though, because it has nice landing gear that I want to make use of.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
Because I have gotten a lot of work done on the OLY II, t feels like its been a long time since I have worked on the Delta. Actually, I just worked on it today. I was lazy, so I eye-balled everything and now the fins are not symmetrical. I made the edf pod from the Grunjet plans, not sure if I mentioned that already.
IMG_20210223_171551[1].jpg
Modified power pod (battery compartment)
IMG_20210223_171647[1].jpg

IMG_20210223_172355.jpg
IMG_20210223_180042.jpg
I put this together really fast. The servos are in and hooked up to the surfaces. It is ready to fly now. All I need to do is charge some batteries and then find some time...

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I decided to give it a quick paint job, just for orientation. The top is white, the bottom is blue.
IMG_20210225_085853.jpg
That doesn't look too bad:D
(by the way, I should mention that this turned out pretty tail-heavy. I may need to add more weight to the nose. If there is a next time, then I will put the edf more forward)

ItMightFly

I decided to give it a quick paint job, just for orientation. The top is white, the bottom is blue.
View attachment 193658 That doesn't look too bad:D
(by the way, I should mention that this turned out pretty tail-heavy. I may need to add more weight to the nose. If there is a next time, then I will put the edf more forward)

That is looking great! And holy cow! 5 builds in one month?? You are killing it.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I put some weight in the front of the EDF Delta since the battery is already as far forward as it can go. It took 57 grams to get it to balance right! AUW is 500 grams! This will be tough to launch! I figure that the heavier it is, the faster it will have to fly.