Build-ruary: FTFC21by GliderFlyer (Build skill 4 pilot skill 3)

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I finished mounting the servos and put on the turtle deck.
566.jpg

IMG_20210202_115111.jpg
Why is it called turtle deck anyways?

Taildragger

Legendary member
I finished mounting the servos and put on the turtle deck.

Why is it called turtle deck anyways?
I think it's because the back section behind the pilots head is like a shell that the pilot is sticking out of. Definitely could be wrong, just what it looks like to me

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I just had this super amazing Idea that I would like to call dibs on, and that is and RC flying fish.
0*2Crc-Z3Au69PvUm2

That's right, one of these. I can't believe nobody else seems to have worked on this idea yet. I probably don't have time to include it in this challenge, but that is definitely a future project I would like to do.:cool:

GliderFlyer

Elite member
You're right. Back to the challenge.
I ran out of yellow for the fuse, so I had to use a different color. Then I thought, if two, why not three? So there are three colors on my airplane now
IMG_20210204_201552.jpg
IMG_20210204_201602.jpg
IMG_20210204_201608.jpg

I was not intentionally going for the circus look or the blue flames at the front, but I'm satisfied. I kind of want to do writing on the side. What should I name it?

OliverW

Legendary member
I ran out of yellow for the fuse, so I had to use a different color. Then I thought, if two, why not three? So there are three colors on my airplane now
View attachment 191395 View attachment 191396 View attachment 191397
I was not intentionally going for the circus look or the blue flames at the front, but I'm satisfied. I kind of want to do writing on the side. What should I name it?
That is one pretty little bipe. I dig the paint scheme

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
View attachment 191395 View attachment 191396 View attachment 191397
Looks quite nice. I think you should call it the "Yeetmaster 5"
Just thought of that for some reason lol.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
IMG_20210206_134733.jpg
IMG_20210206_134738.jpg
IMG_20210206_134741.jpg
I finished assembly today, I will have to wait until next week for the maiden flight. I like the wheels. I maybe would have added wheel pants if I were not in a rush. So far, I'm right on schedule:cool:
The propeller is a 10x3 because I broke my 9x4.7:confused: I think it will have enough thrust. Especially with the motor I'm using!(y)

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I was so busy writing instructions for the Dakota,*whew* that I forgot to add it to my Build-ruary list!

If you want to see build pictures, you can check out the discussion under the resource.

IMG_20210209_113732.jpg

I have not yet flown the Baby blender, but I did get to "fly" this one today. I will post a video on my YouTube channel soon.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I noticed while cutting the parts for the Dakota that my new razor blade didn't seem to be cutting as well as it should. Then I picked up a sheet of foamboard a while later, and it was noticeably heavier. I weighed that one and one bought earlier, and I discovered that the weight of the more recently bought foamboard was heavier by 70 grams! This is Ross foam board by the way. I hope that all of the Ross boards aren't permanently heavier like this. Maybe their experiencing shortages too like Flite test's maker foam.:unsure: