Aura "Additional Dual Rates" and "Gain Scaling"

randyrls

Randy
Hello; I have been digging into the Aura Config Tool.
I noticed two items "Master Gain Scaling" and "Additional Dual Rates"
I want to be able to change the servo Dual rates while flying, but the "Additional Dual Rates" doesn't appear to make any change in the end points of the servo(s). Is this supposed to do what I think it says, change the dual rates higher and lower depending on the transmitter channel position?

I've assigned Aux3 to the Right Knob on the transmitter.

I have Spektrum SPM4650 SRXL2 receiver and DX8-G2. The transmitter is updated to 2.08 and the Aura is 1.16

I have a "Test Bed" with servos, small electric motor and Aura. If I connect the Aura to the Aura config Tool, can I also connect a battery to the Test bed?

I posted the same questions to the Flex Innovations support.

Aura 5 lite Scaling.jpg

Aura 5 Lite Additional Dual Rates.jpg

randyrls

Randy
I received a response from Flex Innovations. It wasn't as I had hoped. Thanks to Seth for his prompt reply.

<snip>
Additional dual rates is for a secondary channel, not something you can adjust in flight. An example might be if you were using CH21 as a thrust vectoring channel, and wanted to have a rate for that channel, differently than your elevator/rudder rate.

Yes, you can connect a battery to the system while connected via USB. We do this fairly often when using 'Live Data' in the Aura Config Tool, as most receivers won't get enough power to power up with only USB power.

Thanks,
</snip>