Aikon1977

...I planned to build something like that as well but didn't have the time. But maybe this winter...

Can someone tell me what motor and servo you used? I didn't get that.
Thanks!

Gregor

Klonas

Great episode! Josh B. Looked a bit confused in the beggining. Seems like Josh S. knows alot about movies. I laughed from the "It's from the airbender guy film" way too long. And who was flying(or who crashed :D)the gunship at the end? Will it be hard to fix? And good to see dave back!

Fatfish

Wow, what an amazing build. I am a big fan of the show and can't wait til the next episode is airing. I just wondered how you did the bearing of the prop axes. In the picture it looks as if you took a sort of a ready-to-use hinge or bearing rather than building it up by yourself. What did you choose? I'm just working on a RC conversion of a Multiplex Fox and i wanted to do the elevation and roll by moving both wings instead of cutting out aileron and elevator. And the wings should be retractable to keep it small during transportation. But at the moment, i am searching for an idea how to rotate the wing without tilting.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Great episode! Josh B. Looked a bit confused in the beggining. Seems like Josh S. knows alot about movies. I laughed from the "It's from the airbender guy film" way too long. And who was flying(or who crashed :D)the gunship at the end? Will it be hard to fix? And good to see dave back!

Just when you thought "he can't get it wrong now" he says "It's from the airbender guy film!"

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Just when you thought "he can't get it wrong now" he says "It's from the airbender guy film!"

I thought: "What? He doesn´t know it. I mean there is no film or something like that left for him to compare that to their gunship." But when he said that with the airbender I physically had to laugh (Which you normally don´t do often infront of a screen).

Really nice episode.

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
Hello! i just stopped by this thread to say that the gunship looked epic! next time try fast forward flying! :D, i think it will become a lot more stable when it first has some airspeed. :) keep it up !
-A

KuManChu

I really enjoyed this Gunship episode. Great job all around but especially on the art work. Also it appears from the build photos that Chad was painting in the basement again. I hope that he did not get into too much trouble with the Mrs. for that.

ananas1301

Hello! i just stopped by this thread to say that the gunship looked epic! next time try fast forward flying! :D, i think it will become a lot more stable when it first has some airspeed. :) keep it up !
-A

I think that won´t work. Thats like you give a pendulum a much bigger push and the pendulum would just be much more incontrollable

pyrosamz

i once had a camera rig project that i was having trouble with a pendulum effect like your gun ship i was able to dampen that effect by using some old shocks off a rc street car minus the springs. it didnt seem to load up the servos and functioned smoothly

ananas1301

What I have been thinking of is maybe if you want to reduce the pendulum effect then after you give a long forward flight just give it full aileron and elevator so that the plane stays vertically to the direction it was flying in in the approach.

That way you have both motor in line with the original flight direction and both can then together by reducing/increasing throttle on one and the other motor compensate the energy which would want to keep the plane going forward (ending up in a pendulum)

This is all just assuming that the plane can increase in speed and do a quick forward flight without gettin into too much trouble there. Any other thoughts?

scaleflyer450

After seeing this video, you guys should scrathbuild an Apache helicopter, and make bottle rockets shoot out of the turrets! That would be fun! And shoot it at Josh (scott, that is)

ananas1301

Thank you very much dude, that was exactly what i'm after. To see, how the rotating arms where built. :)

You are more then welcome! And a very welcome in our forum as well!

Herzlich Willkommen um es nochmal auf deutsch zu sagen :D

NickRehm

Good stuff flitetest! One suggestion to fix the pitch problem would be to add a smaller motor to the back, making the whole thing a tri-copter which is more stable than a bi. I did the exact same thing on my VTOL project which had primitive gyros, not a kk board, but still hovered OK when near completion. A kk board would have perfected this thing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFJcKjIczMg
That video was actually before I had any gyro on the pitch and it still hovered ok. Your gunship project has so much potential if you can work out the pitching problem