NickRehm

I think they should build it as it appeared in the movie and see what happens. Nice experiment.
Scaling down any full size aircraft perfectly to rc doesn't always make a good flying plane/heli. One of the major things they had to do to get it flying was sacrifice some of those gun turrets.. I don't know about any of you guys, but I prefer performance over looks...

tomge

Hi guys
Great video! Makes me wanne try it out myself
Any chance of getting a sketch of the thing with some dimension (metric if possible :). ) ?
How do you calculate the force of servo needed to twist the motor arms?
I'd like to make mine smaller.
Thx
Tom

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I don't think they calculated that, I think they just tried a servo after another to see if it worked.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Hi guys
Great video! Makes me wanne try it out myself
Any chance of getting a sketch of the thing with some dimension (metric if possible :). ) ?
How do you calculate the force of servo needed to twist the motor arms?
I'd like to make mine smaller.
Thx
Tom

Hi Tom,
This won't be happening anytime soon. The design wasn't very good. Maybe we'll start over with an improved design then make the plans available.

rosgana

that is awesome!!!! I really like to make a plane... and flythings within 2 months ago... and have been order so many stuffs from Hobby King!!!!

Aquanot

i realy like the flying looks of the avatar gunship!
I'm not shure but this video could have brought me to flitetest.

has someone seen a video of a 2 rotor helicopter where the pendulum problem was solved?
This would be a nice new project to build in the winter!

Jordan3367

I don't know a ton about what was used, but I think you probably want to try it with a newer KK2.1 board and some newer motors/ESCs/servos as well. (maybe a C power pack? I'm not sure on the servos...) The new KK2.1 should be able to give it much better flying qualities as well. Make sure to use leveling mode w/ the bicopter settings.

Here's David's simplified build log for more info: https://rcexplorer.se/projects/2011/11/avatar-at-99-scorpion-gunship/

Good luck!

Please post pictures if you do make one. :)