Baby Blender

Headbang

Master member
Nice video :)

One piece of advice on landing: try to keep a little bit of throttle (not enough to keep the plane in the air obviously; basically just enough to hear the motor running) all the way down until she stops. It makes a huge difference.

Good luck, and have fun!
Honestly do not remember if I was landing it or not, but if I was, I would have been feathering the throttle. The real issue is the grass was longer then the wheels. Took a lot of care on take off to keep it from nosing over.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Finally got some maiden video of the Baby Blender. Took it out yesterday at @Headbang local airfield, L.A.R.C.S. He did the CG and control surfaces check, then the take off and trim. Handed the sticks over and I flew for a bit, in the vid it says I landed it but I actually had him land lol. Thank you so much @Headbang for the maiden and just the entire day. He deserves credit for the production, editing and score of the video as well. Take a look and post your comments:

The initial take off attempts were a little sketchy, the mains are set a little to far back and it would nose over, just like you saw on the landing. Gonna rake the wheels forward some and she is a viable airframe. Thanks for watching
@Headbang did a great job on the video. He made you look GOOD! :p Seriously, that was some good flying there. The Baby blender really is a nice flying plane and you put her through her paces pretty well. I think she's got a lot to offer. The landing pretty much looked like all mine. If the plane comes home unbroken, it's good landing in my book! :D

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Thx man, I will bend the landing gear with more rake forward to balance the ground handling and we got a keeper. might fly it tomorrow too.

Did you fly today?

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thx man, I will bend the landing gear with more rake forward to balance the ground handling and we got a keeper. might fly it tomorrow too.

Did you fly today?
Oh heck, no. Work day. I work second shift. I work and sleep and eat and poop. That's about it on work days. I try to get a little bit of building done after work, but as I've demonstrated that doesn't always pan out so well.

I'm off again on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. We'll see what the weather does. I'm hoping to maiden my Spitfire, get my Mini Scout Biplane some airtime, possibly play with my Mini Scout Speed Racer a bit and get a bit more practice keeping the Edge in the air.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Oh heck, no. Work day. I work second shift. I work and sleep and eat and poop. That's about it on work days. I try to get a little bit of building done after work, but as I've demonstrated that doesn't always pan out so well.

I'm off again on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. We'll see what the weather does. I'm hoping to maiden my Spitfire, get my Mini Scout Biplane some airtime, possibly play with my Mini Scout Speed Racer a bit and get a bit more practice keeping the Edge in the air.
Have you taken a look at the Mig 3 yet? I'm thinking of goin with the Mig 3 when my Spitfire is ready to retire

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Have you taken a look at the Mig 3 yet? I'm thinking of goin with the Mig 3 when my Spitfire is ready to retire
Yes I have! I totally dig it. I intend to start a thread and open a group build for it sometime soon. It looks like a blast to fly! "Quick as snot" in the local vernacular. I've got to finish my Storch, I want to build @sundown57's slow flyer, and when the Zero comes out, I'll be all over it. It was such a nimble dogfighter in it's prime. That plane excites me!

Somewhere in between or after, I'll be building (and crashing horribly) the Mig 3. ;)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yes I have! I totally dig it. I intend to start a thread and open a group build for it sometime soon. It looks like a blast to fly! "Quick as snot" in the local vernacular. I've got to finish my Storch, I want to build @sundown57's slow flyer, and when the Zero comes out, I'll be all over it. It was such a nimble dogfighter in it's prime. That plane excites me!

Somewhere in between or after, I'll be building (and crashing horribly) the Mig 3. ;)
I would totally be into a group build on the Mig. If you do a search on you tube on the FT Mig you will see a cool vid on how the Mig performs and takes hits, kinda surprised actually.

What's this slow flyer @sundown57 has?

I did say before that I wanted to do the Jug master series but the Hellcat has cleaner lines, was lookin at that today as well. So many planes I want...

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I would totally be into a group build on the Mig. If you do a search on you tube on the FT Mig you will see a cool vid on how the Mig performs and takes hits, kinda surprised actually.

What's this slow flyer @sundown57 has?

I did say before that I wanted to do the Jug master series but the Hellcat has cleaner lines, was lookin at that today as well. So many planes I want...
I'm looking forward to the Mig myself. I'm just not sure when I'll be able to start a group build for it. Of course, I'm not the only person who can start a group build....;)

Here's @sundown57's thread. He's created a pretty awesome flyer with a unique wing design. I really, really want to fly it!

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/what-is-the-slowest-plane-on-ft.58456/post-486310

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I'm looking forward to the Mig myself. I'm just not sure when I'll be able to start a group build for it. Of course, I'm not the only person who can start a group build....;)

Here's @sundown57's thread. He's created a pretty awesome flyer with a unique wing design. I really, really want to fly it!

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/what-is-the-slowest-plane-on-ft.58456/post-486310
I did see this before... actually I was watching it and the little woman looked over my shoulder and asked me if he was flying backwards, it was goin so slow with a headwind. lol.

I could be into starting a group build but I don't want to tear apart my Spit just yet to use the parts. I will wait... or just fly my Spit harder lol

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
New flight vid...
Nice! Snap roll over the woods? What! :eek: It was good to see you flying. The Baby Blender is a blast! I built @jpot1's extended version, and I love it. It's taken a few hits, but it's airworthy. Just waiting on me to figure out the darn prop/motor combo to make it work. I had it at the beginning, and it was underpowered for me. So I spruced it up. Flew amazing. Now I can't get it off the ground. *sigh*

Thanks for the vid, man. I enjoyed watching you fly! :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Nice! Snap roll over the woods? What! :eek: It was good to see you flying. The Baby Blender is a blast! I built @jpot1's extended version, and I love it. It's taken a few hits, but it's airworthy. Just waiting on me to figure out the darn prop/motor combo to make it work. I had it at the beginning, and it was underpowered for me. So I spruced it up. Flew amazing. Now I can't get it off the ground. *sigh*

Thanks for the vid, man. I enjoyed watching you fly! :)
Thanks man. This is the extended version with swept wings and it flies awesome. Not like the Spit but super nimble, turns on a dime. She can be touchy though, you have to stay on top of it.

Just posted another

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Added some decoration to the BB last night
20190908_103451.jpg
20190908_103510.jpg

The skulls on the bottom should help some with orientation and they will look awesome on low passes. Had to do the Maple Leaf on the tail, gotta represent
20190908_103617.jpg

Also added a skid plate for the aileron servo for belly landings. As you can tell from my latest vid that the landing gear doesn't fair well in tall grass. It took a bit of a beating yesterday so I may fly without it there from now on. I actually carved it from an ice cube tray, I have used this for airflow vents as well, works good for all kinds of applications like this

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Diggin' the graphics! The skid plate's not a bad idea, either. :)
I thought so. Kinda liked the punisher graphics afterwatching American Sniper. As far as the plane goes i dont know who punishes who... the plane or me lol

And the skid plate is kinda out of necessity. The landing gear has to go in the field i play in.

You flyin today?

Im tryin to get The Hangar to build your MSBP. He has the bipe bug

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I thought so. Kinda liked the punisher graphics afterwatching American Sniper. As far as the plane goes i dont know who punishes who... the plane or me lol

And the skid plate is kinda out of necessity. The landing gear has to go in the field i play in.

You flyin today?

Im tryin to get The Hangar to build your MSBP. He has the bipe bug
Not flying today. Been at hospital with mother for two days. Depending on how that goes, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Weather should be good for it both days. :)

It'd be cool if someone else built and flew my MSBP. I'm dyin' to know if it's as goods as I think it is, or if it's just parent's pride! ;)