Hats off, I'm truly impressed (and in general a big fan of own design you brilliantly achieved).
May I ask for some more on how you did the logo ? In particular very impressed by the finesse of the line between the eyes.
Is it out cut from black sticker? covering film ?
Once out cut how did you apply it on the wing ? Did you use a secondary "apply-tape" ??
And How, and how and how ...
You see, for me what you achieved is still a mystery.
I cut the Felix decal and all the registration numbers out of black ultracote. I wanted to use something like self-adhesive vinyl but the only stuff I had available like that was silver and just wouldn't have looked right. To make the covering film easier to make precise cuts in, what I'll usually do is adhere it to some non-porous material (foamboard is great for this but just paper will suffice in a pinch, and plywood also works okay) at low temperature, so it can be easily peeled back off once you are done cutting it. The material has to be non-porous as this will both help it not adhere as strongly and be easier to pull off, and will not leave bits of material stuck to the covering afterwards which will impact its adhesion strength when you apply it to the actual plane.
Here is a series of pictures documenting the process, to cut out some window decals for another airplane I built several years ago. On the right is the covering adhered to foamboard, on the left is the template made from paper, and on the top is a set of cut out windows ready to be peeled off. This was taken in between making two sets of windows; normally I do not cut out the template prior to cutting, instead I put the template on top of the covering and cut straight through it, cutting out the decals in the process.
The Felix logo I did not get right on the first try. Not even close Eventually I found the trick to getting the very thin precise lines around the eyes and mouth was to take my X-acto blades and sharpen them considerably with a stone, and then they would cut much better. I also experimented with heating them with a torch as this can allow much less pressure but it ended up burning the template so this idea was rejected.
In other news I worked on the cockpit some. I printed off some gauges, but I'm not super happy with how they look. Inkjet printers just don't have the necessary resolution to make them look nice, but there's no way in hell I could hand paint them this small so I'll just have to live with it. The gauge rims are made of delrin; I hand cut them out with a piece of music wire I heated red hot with a torch and lots of patience. I tried to laser cut them but delrin is awful to cut as it melts and gets gooey (and smells oh so awful) Simulated glass was made with saran wrap to cover the gauges. The reflection off of it looks nicer than the actual gauge...
I tried also to make some switch-looking things with music wire as well as a throttle out of an old very dull pin (I have a whole box of those) The switches don't look that great but you really have to concentrate in order to notice them.
I'm still looking for a pilot....
From this angle you can also see the ugly and disgusting cockpit edge. Unfortunately it appears my plan to cover it with a piece of fuel tubing won't be implemented because I couldn't actually find a paint that would stick to it. It kept flaking off every time I tried to bend the tube even a little. I think I'll just hide it with covering material...