• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

Balsa Noob. Guillows A1-H Skyraider

Should i make it:

• Electric

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Free Flite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You are new to balsa and this kit probably wont live to fly ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have built two guillows models and used glue sticks for the covering on both of them. I have not used UHU but most people say that it is the best. By the way have you tried flying it yet? I built the guillows super cub and converted it to rc as my first plane and needless to say, carnage ensued :cry:.

1552777045696.png

If you fly it free flight I can say from personal experience that the rubber included in the kit doesn't work well. FAI Super Tan Sport Rubber is supposed to work well.

JTarmstr

I have built two guillows models and used glue sticks for the covering on both of them. I have not used UHU but most people say that it is the best. By the way have you tried flying it yet? I built the guillows super cub and converted it to rc as my first plane and needless to say, carnage ensued :cry:.

View attachment 126531

If you fly it free flight I can say from personal experience that the rubber included in the kit doesn't work well. FAI Super Tan Sport Rubber is supposed to work well.
I flew it free flite. It flew fantastic, but I tried flying it with rubber and it crashed due to poor thrust angle. The crash broke several spars and I decided to shelve it for repairs. I am planning to do either the 900 series Chipmunk or typhoon and do a electric conversion. It really depends on how much time and money I have this summer.