Banggood Electronics

Elexo

Hey all. So most of us know of banggood (www.banggood.com). You can find some good deals on there, but are they worth it? feel free to post any experiences or tips with banggood's store, customer service, etc.

dgrigor02

I only order from them if its something I'm just stocking up on something and don't actually need it for a while. I have always gotten what I ordered eventually.

If it's something I need relatively soon, I just stick with US based like headsuprc, valuehobby, grayson hobby, alititudehobbies or others since I usually get it a few days later.

Elexo

I only order from them if its something I'm just stocking up on something and don't actually need it for a while. I have always gotten what I ordered eventually.

If it's something I need relatively soon, I just stick with US based like headsuprc, valuehobby, grayson hobby, alititudehobbies or others since I usually get it a few days later.
Just a tip, for free shipping on altitude hobbies for any shipping option use coupon code "freeship". Get things even quicker!

Basic

The delivery takes about 3 weeks from China. They do have a US warehouse and get delivery in a week. Each one has their own price list.

They do fix mistakes and bad items.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
I have ordered from them 3 times and all orders were within 10 days I just placed another order and part of it is coming from the us warehouse and part of it from china. I didn't have to do 2 separate orders like hobby king and free shipping so over all it costs less.

dayve

I have ordered from them several times, and have been very pleased with the prices and shipping speed. So far, my orders have arrived in somewhere between 10-15 days. The one exception to that is a 2200mah lipo that took almost a full month. I'm not sure if that was just a fluke, or if they're restricted to surface transportation or something. They have 10-packs of props for under $4. That's a good thing when you're just learning how to fly. :D

We've ordered quite a bit from them. Once or twice we've had a hiccup that took awhile but they've always made it right. Their prices are worth the wait , so far everything has been decent enough quality that I'll keep using them as a source. Those 10 packs of props are fantastic for us frequent crashers!

Swimjim

One must consider that the unions that unload the ships from China on the West coast have been on strike forever. That is significantly slowing down shipments from China. When the powers that be come back to the planet Earth, shipments from China will speed up. Then, ordering from bang good or Hobbyking will be a different kettle of fish entirely.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I have had good luck with Banggood, far better than HobbyKing before 2014. They seem to have a pretty good reputation on our forums.

IMO always use PayPal for dealing with vendors outside your country and if you are getting something disposable, buy in bulk until the strikes end.

Jimmyp

I've order a few times up here in Canada. I always figure between 2 and 3 weeks shipping. Price is good and the free shipping helps a lot. I like that it does the conversion to Canadian currency for me and I pay in Canadian $. Hobby king is US $ and a min of $20 shipping.
I'm waiting on 2 orders right now.

JMBishop

I order from banggood, I'm actually pleased they updated the mobile site letting you pick shipping options. I'm currently waiting on a cheap quad from them, I found a better deal on eBay for batteries though, I don't limit myself to one source.

I really hate that I have to order online but I couldn't afford the hobby if I bought locally and nobody carries what I need. I though i'd get some 9g servos locally since it wouldn't be too expensive paying inflated local priced but none of the stores I visited had them. I ended up spending less than a dollar on control rods. Buying quad parts? Forget buying at hobby stores, the only thing I can find locally is gemfan props at MicroCenter.

Paul-H

Been using banggood over the last couple of months and have had an excellent service every time and fully tracked with a valid tracking number.

Gone over to Banggood mor eand more because ebay's chinese sellers are getting more and more expensive and offering an ever poorer service.

Had some sellers take 3 weeks to post, just because its the Chinese new Year, even though Banggood's Chinese sellers worked as normal.

Average time for parcels to arrive in the UK from eBay Chinese sellers 4 to 6 weeks with 50% failing to turn up at all and the Average time for parcels from Banggood Chinese sellers is 2 weeks with a 100% delivery rate.

Franck3d

I've done some shopping with BG and have had about a 50% success rate.
The last few orders I have placed never showed up.
They were helpful and willing to either refund or resend. I chose to resend.
So that means that on Friday, I finally got the quad I ordered just after Christmas.
But the prices are unbeatable, so I'm wiling to put up with issues like that.

Elexo

Just ordered everything for a miniquad through banggood. everything except the radio system for $110, seems pretty good. I will do a short review on the cheap setup once it arrives.

JMBishop

I managed to order everything for less for my 230 quad. It turned out ok until I ruined an esc. The set I ordered was no longer available and I couldn't order them individually so I ended up ordering replacing them all with a brand I knew would be around from banggood should I run out of the spares I ordered.