• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

basslord1124 RC flight and Flitetest journey/diary - Perkyplanes & RC

Holy crap has it been that long since I posted anything...guess so. :eek:

Of course it is Christmas time and it can be a busy time. I suppose I could do a quick update.

This was my latest video from a few weeks ago where I talk a little about Lane and some other things:

I'm actually a mix of emotions right now...worn out/busy from work, happy/tired/busy from helping with our munchkin (who just recently turned 4 BTW), happy/tired/busy from the Christmas holiday rush AND super excited about some changes with me and the hobby.

I don't want to reveal much anything yet in regards to the changes with me and the hobby, BUT lets just my hiatus of doing hobby stuff will be coming to an end soon and I can get back to my "fun work" (hey it is work technically, but it's also fun!), this wonderfully awesome hobby...getting back to creating things and flying/crashing them. :D Got so many planes and projects I need/want to dig back into.

So planning on posting another update/video soon. In the mean time, hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

Well I'm back again with a big update....finally letting the cat out of the bag. I finally have my own decent workspace again!

So throughout the whole house move process, I'll be honest in that at the old house, I had a good space for my planes and hobbies. BUT it was probably too much space for a small family like ours...plus our various other issues with the old house. The new house has a little less space and in a more compact package that's easier for us. Pretty much had everything we needed, minus some decent storage space and a space for me to do house and plane projects. I had no place to put anything of mine...planes, tools, etc. Sooooo....we decided to add on this cool storage shed/building to sort of make as my little getaway. I should mention I was also paying monthly for a storage unit to house the rest of our goodies. So that can be one expense I can slowly do away with as things get moved into the shed.

I'm a firm believer in that folks should have a hobby or some sort of escape away from day to day life and they should have a place where they can do that. There was one extra room in the house and the wife claimed it as her office/hobby area. I would not change that at all for her....it's a perfect office space.

The building is a 10x16 Amish built shed/building with 2 lofts. Plan to designate part of it for general storage and part of it as my area for hobbies and whatever else. Super excited to have a space again!

mayan

Legendary member
Well I'm back again with a big update....finally letting the cat out of the bag. I finally have my own decent workspace again!

So throughout the whole house move process, I'll be honest in that at the old house, I had a good space for my planes and hobbies. BUT it was probably too much space for a small family like ours...plus our various other issues with the old house. The new house has a little less space and in a more compact package that's easier for us. Pretty much had everything we needed, minus some decent storage space and a space for me to do house and plane projects. I had no place to put anything of mine...planes, tools, etc. Sooooo....we decided to add on this cool storage shed/building to sort of make as my little getaway. I should mention I was also paying monthly for a storage unit to house the rest of our goodies. So that can be one expense I can slowly do away with as things get moved into the shed.

I'm a firm believer in that folks should have a hobby or some sort of escape away from day to day life and they should have a place where they can do that. There was one extra room in the house and the wife claimed it as her office/hobby area. I would not change that at all for her....it's a perfect office space.

The building is a 10x16 Amish built shed/building with 2 lofts. Plan to designate part of it for general storage and part of it as my area for hobbies and whatever else. Super excited to have a space again!
Love the hanger, do you do office renting I’d take a small table and a lot of storage room please 😂🤣😂🤣