• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bat Bone Tricopter

EagleEye

Hi,
i am building my first bat bone tricopter. i noticed there might be a compatibility issue with the following two pieces of hardware i have chosen to use. the question is the power out put from the Afro escs and the kk 2.1.5 board to this servo.

TGY-375DMG Metal gear Digital Servo w/ Heat Sink 2.3kg / .11sec / 11.5g
Afro ESC 20Amp Multi-rotor Motor Speed Controller (SimonK Firmware)

Does any one have these working on there tricopter setup? thx

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Eagle,

First off welcome to the forum!

Second, I'm sorry, but I don't see the incompatibility. you have three of these ESCs, right?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__43709__afro_esc_20amp_multi_rotor_motor_speed_controller_simonk_firmware_.html

The UBEC is small in comparison to most, but 1/2A from M1's ESC should be plenty to drive the kk2 board and the RX, and the 1/2A each from M2 & M3's ESCs should be plenty to drive any modest to small servo.

These components should work -- what leads you to think they won't? (not a dig, I'm genuinely curious)

DDSFlyer

If that's the servo that was linked to under the recommendations, then that's the one I used in my build.
I have 20amp Afro ESC's and a KK2.0 board. Haven't had problems with that setup. Not sure what incompatibility you're talking about yet

EagleEye

Thank you guys. everything worked great execpt the servo. the servo ended up being faulty. so i used an analog servo that i had as a spare. and i have flown it so many times since posting this thread. one thing i have learned is the setup i have does not have much lifting power at all. something i wish i had known when i bought the parts. maybe down the road i will get me some 11x4.7 props and the dt750's.