Battery socket of the Mini Corsair

Cookie83610

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and I'm highly interested by this incredible site, forum and video channel, what a great content !

My question is about the FT Mini Corsair that I just receive, I've not assembly it yet, but I'd like to order some batteries to prepare the maiden.

I'd like to order Tattu like this one, but I don't know dor sure if this lipo can fit in this plane. Can someone give me some details/dimensions about the battery socket ?

https://www.fpv4drone.com/fr/batteries/370-tattu-lipo-850mah-3s-75c.html

Thanks in advance.

A french pilot

Gazoo

Welcome to the forum Cookie,

I did some checking on this and...

Looking at the build on the website, it looks like the only dimension you should worry about is the width. Picture.JPG

I checked the battery from the link. It is 30mm wide.
Battery.JPG

I downloaded the plans and measured the width of the power pod mount. 1.22 X 25.4 = 31mm
Plans.JPG

Looks like it will fit to me.

Good luck on the build!

Cookie83610

You're right, the width is important, but I'm also worried about the thickness of the battery. It must fit just beside this wooden stick, and on the picture, it's a 21.5mm battery and it's look like there is no free space between it and the stick, the Tattu is thick of 24mm (2.5mm more thick). Will it be too thick for the placeholder ?

Thank you very much for your help, much appreciate.

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Salut des Etats-Unis!
Le Corsair est un avion qui ma goute beacoups. Je vois que les deux connecteurs sont XT30. Ces vont bien.

On peut achete 75C mais il non est necessaire pas achete avec 75C. Je ne me souviens pas bien parler en Français. Higher C batteries normally cost more but I couldn't find prices on the link you shared. You battery your choice.

Bien venue au forum.
—Jim

Cookie83610

Yeah, 75C is overkill in my case, but the cost of this batteries is not higher than other with lower C rate. I've already Tattu lipos for my FPV racer and very pleased with, so I'll take again some batteries of this good brand.

Thank you for your almost French response Jim ! =D

Cookie83610

It's a good idea, but in France and around, we found in store almost only 75C (and mostly 1300 and 1550ma), so it's impossible to find this model.

Last edited: