Beginning Quad Build

freakstyle

Hey, first time posting. Had a few questions about a first time quad build. I have quite a bit of experience with gassers but I am fairly new to electrics, only quad ive had is the ALIAS and I want to get into something bigger. Im building the Knuckle HQuad and was going to mount the Blue Wonder. Any suggestions on AMP ratings for the ESC. Also, will the(what appears to be male plugs on the lazertoys page) need to be cut and soldered? I cant do any soldering because I live in the dorm rooms on an AFB. If you have a better suggestion of motor that wont need to be soldered that you be great as well!

shane.c.barton

Hey, first time posting. Had a few questions about a first time quad build. I have quite a bit of experience with gassers but I am fairly new to electrics, only quad ive had is the ALIAS and I want to get into something bigger. Im building the Knuckle HQuad and was going to mount the Blue Wonder. Any suggestions on AMP ratings for the ESC. Also, will the(what appears to be male plugs on the lazertoys page) need to be cut and soldered? I cant do any soldering because I live in the dorm rooms on an AFB. If you have a better suggestion of motor that wont need to be soldered that you be great as well!

According to FliteTest's web store, they recommend a 15A ESC for the Blue Wonders.

I have built 2 of their kits and ordered the electronics from 2 separate vendor's (RTFQuads and Altitude Hobbies). Each setup I bought required soldering. I am sure you can piece together a set-up which wont require soldering. But I was too lazy to shop around.

If you live on base, try and contact the Communications/Electronics guys. I am sure they will be willing to assist in soldering (especially if you offer a trade for food/beverage).