Best FPV camera on the market

Robbie

Hey Guys,

I need a new FPV board camera under £40, my last one a 480TVL Sony CCD it did really well but the connector broke and i can't find it anywhere, i have a variety of lenses for the this camera and would like to keep using them so does anyone have a suggestions. I really need a camera which has easy to get replacement connectors as well. Video Quality is not to much an issue because i am running 1.3Ghz and 240p goggles, i am more interested in response time and connector availability.

Thanks

PHugger

Church Meal Expert

Robbie

Ready Made RC claims this 700tvl WDR is the best ($129)
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_62_12&products_id=1405

Offering the best picture available for FPV, PERIOD! I challenge anyone to find a CMOS or CCD camera that performs better. With superior wide dynamic range (WDR) light handling, amazing color, and the best low light performance of any FPV camera, this is the camera you NEED for FPV!

Best regards,
PCH

Thanks man will check it out

Pushjerk

This guy has gotten a lot of attention in the FPV circles, and has been unofficially called the best available - The 800tvl Effio V. Though some have complained of latency and UHF noise, both are pretty negligible. I fly both, and this cam performs quite a bit better than the PZ0420 (Sony 600tvl Super HAD II). Bruce from RCModelReviews compares both in one of his videos.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread...V-800TVL-Ultra-WDR-Camera-2-8mm-Lens-with-OSD

Robbie

This guy has gotten a lot of attention in the FPV circles, and has been unofficially called the best available - The 800tvl Effio V. Though some have complained of latency and UHF noise, both are pretty negligible. I fly both, and this cam performs quite a bit better than the PZ0420 (Sony 600tvl Super HAD II). Bruce from RCModelReviews compares both in one of his videos.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread...V-800TVL-Ultra-WDR-Camera-2-8mm-Lens-with-OSD

Cheers dude will check it out, is the TCC connector easy to find, becasue mine always get caught in props and ripped out in crashes and what not, is it possible to get replacment cables?

Pushjerk

I do know that both SC2000 and SurveilZone offer spare cables, as Ive ordered/received from both.

These guys also both ship for free internationally.

Pushjerk

I'm with you Narco, the PZ0420 (600tvl Sony) has been the workhorse for FPVers for some time - it is a great camera, when settings are dialed in gives a great picture, and you absolutely can't beat the price tag - you can now get it shipped form State side warehouses, Amazon even, for ~$30.

The Effio-V, though, are a step in a good direction. The picture is noticeably better - the settings, however, need the user's attention as it isn't quite known yet what the "Best" settings are, given it's relatively short time in the hands of users.

And the price tag of the Effio-V?, come on! $46! A steal for such a great little camera. Look at other big name cameras - RMRC 600XVN, RMRC Pro 700, TBS 59, TBS 69 - You're looking at $100-$150 while the Effio V boasts comparable if not superior performance.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
I think the distinguishing feature of the higher priced units is the Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) processing and Low Latency.
I agree that the latency is a big downer for an FPV camera. If you decide to use a Mobius - that is a different story.
These tiny FPV cameras shouldn't have any latency IMHO.

Best regards,
PCH

finnen

I have the sony 600tvl, and almost everyone who tests it thinks it's great. Maybe the more expensive cameras have better WDR (haven't tried them), but I do think that the sony camera has a very nice WDR as well.

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
I have the sony 600tvl, and almost everyone who tests it thinks it's great. Maybe the more expensive cameras have better WDR (haven't tried them), but I do think that the sony camera has a very nice WDR as well.

I'm seeing 2 different versions of the 600tvl (and I'm still getting my bearing with all these similarly named products, so bear with me), but the older, go to camera is the super HAD, while the one I linked (a few bucks more? same camera?) is marked as super HAD II

Are these exactly the same or is there better processing with the HAD II? same low latency?

Ocean

I agree my new 600tvl Sony Super Had works really well, almost no latency when compared to a GoPro, couldn't recommend it more.

Pushjerk

Many have griped about the latency issues with the Effio-V.

But how much will this affect the average flyer?

c1.JPG

So yes there is indeed a lag caused by the more advanced processing of the picture. Probably worse for low proximity flyers than high casual fixed wing. But I Guess lag wasn't too much for this guy to still rip it up...