Bixler v1 replacement

jack10525

Hello All,

I've really enjoyed flying and crashing my bixler v1 glider. I got it from HobbyKing with all electronics I just needed to add the radio and battery. Well I've crashed this thing so many times I think it is time for a replacement. The last crash completely broke off the nose, broke off both wings and snapped the fuselage in half just aft of the motor. This plane had a great run but I think it is time to donate the parts to another flyer. So what would be a good replacement for this bird? I can't decide on getting the Bixler 2 or the Bix3 or some other similar model with the same design. If it came with motor and servos even better. I'd like to stay under $100.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
If the electronics were still good, you could build a FT Explorer for a few dollars for a similarly styled plane. Even buying a speed build kit would save a bit of change if you already had the electronics.

CartCurt

You could buy a replacement aircraft and reuse all you electronics. Value Hobbies has a plane called the Sky Surfer that sells for less than $50.00 without any electronics. It appears to be a Bixler 1 clone so all you equipment should work. Then you can be back flying while you look at building another aircraft if that is what you want to do. Look here "http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/glider/sky-surfer-1400-kit.html".

Curtis

jack10525

Thanks guys. I am looking for either a slightly more updated bixler or other plane with newer design. The sky surfer looks great.

jack10525

Ok I found quite a few other options and can't decide. The best so far is the strix strix stratosurfer. I like the blow molded fusealage that seems like it would be very tough to break. Unfortunately I don't want to spend that much. It's about $140. So back to reality. Here is my list.

Volantex Ranger 757-4 FPV 1380mm Wingspan EPO RC Airplane PNP $95
Dynam Hawk Sky V2 4CH 1370mm 53'' Wingspan RC Airplane Glider PNP $78
Sky Surfer 1400mm/55'' EPO Electric RC Airplane PNP $73