Blade Nano QX sluggish even with brand new motors

pungbjoern

I have this Blade Nano QX that I absolutely love flying. I love it so much that I flew it basically to death. It started being sluggish, and I had to give it more and more throttle for it to stay aloft. Batteries were lasting shorter and shorter, etc. I tried getting new batteries, but it didn't work. The consensus seemed to be that my motors were fried. I bought new motors from micro-motor warehouse. The "fast" ones. With these new motors, things were a little better, but not a lot. I've flown it a couple of times, and it was acceptable but not great. Fast-forward to today when I fly it at the air-field, and it's behaving just like it did before I replaced the motors. This thing is absolutely crawling. I have to maintain max throttle just for it to stay up. As soon as I yaw it drops out of the sky. Flying back and right is kind-of ok, but forward and left simply do not work. The motors are really hot. I can't even hold them for more than 2-3 seconds. Finally I give up and go home. It doesn't matter if I fly in acro or safe mode. It still flies poorly. Admittedly it flew much better on the first pack than the subsequent 3.

Why is it behaving like this? It was a hot day, ~30C. Could that be the reason? Are the new motors bad? Do they require a higher C battery (think before you chose this answer. Don't just knee-jerk because I gave you a plausible explanation)?