Blinking red Esc

trying to make my own foam plane and have got a esc and motor, plugging it in for the first time it does all your quick beeps as usual then gets to a point of endless red blinking light with no signal

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
More detail will help. Sounds like rx is not binding.
What brand components?
Is it the rx that's blinking?
What have you tried so far?

More detail will help. Sounds like rx is not binding.
What brand components?
Is it the rx that's blinking?
What have you tried so far?
what does “rx” mean and the motor i am using it unknown as for the esc it is a very old phoenix 35, which i had working about 2 months ago as for what i have done so far is tested another motor i can confirm working but 2 powerful for what i am doing to my diy plane, tried putting the bigger motor onto the esc, i get the same result as for the smaller motor. pretty much all ive tried as i dont have many escs or motors

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
what does “rx” mean and the motor i am using it unknown as for the esc it is a very old phoenix 35, which i had working about 2 months ago as for what i have done so far is tested another motor i can confirm working but 2 powerful for what i am doing to my diy plane, tried putting the bigger motor onto the esc, i get the same result as for the smaller motor. pretty much all ive tried as i dont have many escs or motors
Sorry for the abbreviation. rx = receiver and tx = transmitter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Have you tried calibrating the ESC?
Unplug the battery from the esc - no prop on the motor
Turn on the transmitter and put throttle to full
Plug the battery to the esc and wait for beeps
Pull throttle back to zero

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Do you have another esc to try? It's a problem with either the esc or receiver - it looks like you're doing everything right.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Let me take a step back. If the throttle is mapped to a different channel it won't control output 1 on the receiver. You could plug servos into the other channels on the receiver and see if they move when you move the throttle.

Let me take a step back. If the throttle is mapped to a different channel it won't control output 1 on the receiver. You could plug servos into the other channels on the receiver and see if they move when you move the throttle.
i will just fill out the reciver with servos and see if that does anything?

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Hmmm...
Here's something I just tried to make sure it would work. I plugged the esc into the aileron port on the receiver and plugged a servo into the throttle port. The receiver doesn't care which port has incoming power. Then I moved the throttle stick and the servo moved.
This lets you know if it's the receiver or the esc.