Blinking red Esc

Hmmm...
Here's something I just tried to make sure it would work. I plugged the esc into the aileron port on the receiver and plugged a servo into the throttle port. The receiver doesn't care which port has incoming power. Then I moved the throttle stick and the servo moved.
This lets you know if it's the receiver or the esc.
i just tried this and the light is still flashing and i got response from nothing

quorneng

Master member
Rather than instantly blaming the receiver it is possible the ESC has not 'armed' for some reason. The BEC side of the ESC is providing power to the receiver but its flashing LED could be it has recognised the ESC has not armed so nothing works.
In this sort of situation the only reliable way to identify which is causing the problem is by substituting the RX and ESC one at a time with ones that are known to work.

Rather than instantly blaming the receiver it is possible the ESC has not 'armed' for some reason. The BEC side of the ESC is providing power to the receiver but its flashing LED could be it has recognised the ESC has not armed so nothing works.
In this sort of situation the only reliable way to identify which is causing the problem is by substituting the RX and ESC one at a time with ones that are known to work.
i could try the reciever in a plane i know is workin?

quorneng

Master member
Exactly!
If it works then try the ESC in another plane too. If that works then you know it is a connection problem somewhere in the original set up.

was wondrring can this charger support the blue battery im trying to charge?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
We need more info. Type of battery? Brand & model of charger?
i wouldnt have a clue what the battery is but it has the shape of 4 AA batteries alike that might be a NiMh battery( once again, not really sure) although the charger is the Tornado c-60. ( battery is from my transmitter)

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
That's a multi-chemistry charger so it should handle the battery. You'll probably need to unwrap the battery to see what type it is unless you can find the original documents for it.

That's a multi-chemistry charger so it should handle the battery. You'll probably need to unwrap the battery to see what type it is unless you can find the original documents for it.
since it might possible charge it do i plug the 3 pin connector into the port on the charger that says “Temp”?

i found out based on what spektrum uses for their transmitter batterys that match the same as mine is a Lion battery