bloody wonder with champ transmitter

jwalshF-15

I am looking into building a bloody wonder.Can I use the spektrum transmitter that I got with my champ to fly the bloody wonder?

you should be fine, at the worst you will lose the ability to setup dual rates and expo. adjusting the amount of throw on the controls will have to be done at the servo and the control horn. other than that it's only a 3 channel plane, throttle, elevator and aileron.

you will of course need a receiver for the plane and a battery, but I assume you know that.

hope that helps!

-Jes

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Those little radios don't have much range at all. With a plane that size, you could do gentle circles and be just on the edge of the range.

earthsciteach

If nothing else, buy yourself a $25, 4 channel radio. A BW will eat up real estate very fast compared to a Champ.

ArcadeAir

I have a Hobbyzone Super Cub with the dx4I transmitter... what is the distance or range I can fly in safely? What would happen if I get out of range? Are the last known commands from the transmitter retained by the reciever and off she flies until the lipo's die?

Thanks

Nate79

Good Luck

When I tried to scavenge from my Super Cub to make a bloody wonder. I was told the receiver will only bind with the DX4 and it was a brushed motor. You would need to do a lot of custom work to get the motor to work with that design. If you do get it to work I want to see pics!!!!:p