2023 Spring Sprint Challenge

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I made some more progress on the DarkUrple over the last couple of days. Yes, that is going to be the name. It's my brother's gamer tag from World of Warcraft and I'm building this one for him. I picked up his Tx & Rx so I can get the Rx in this thing and start to button it up.

1681912419692.png

1681912438367.png

1681912706230.png

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Printing a few more purple parts right now. Need to get this thing wrapped up in the next day or two. My wife's godson is coming over on Saturday to build his first plane (FT Tiny Trainer). Need to clear the bench for that.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Do you have some sort of vinyl cutter?
Yes, I have a Silhouette Cameo 3. It's been an invaluable addition to my hobby workshop. I found most of the graphics online and made a few of my own for this model. It's pretty amazing what you can do with some foam board, a rattle can, and a vinyl cutter.

Yankee2003

Yes, I have a Silhouette Cameo 3. It's been an invaluable addition to my hobby workshop. I found most of the graphics online and made a few of my own for this model. It's pretty amazing what you can do with some foam board, a rattle can, and a vinyl cutter.
Man, you said it. Your planes look amazing.
Thanks.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The DarkUrple is ready to fly!
1682116033479.png

1682116312929.png

Not my cleanest build so far (mistakes were made) but definitely one of the coolest looking builds I've done. This one is a gift for my brother. I'm pleased with the end result and I learned a few things about the build sequence in the process.