box tail control surfaces... please help

i built this twin box tail and i am not sure where to put the control surfaces i wanted to do 2 in the middle on either side of the body to keep everything simple and closet to the center but from what i have seen on one is the top wing was the one with the control surfaces. would like to keep from going out onto the main wing just didn't know if center ones would have enough throw?
IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1115.JPG IMG_1116.JPG

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
First, what a great looking plane!

I don't think you are going to get enough control placing control surfaces next to the fuselage. Best bet is to put them out on the main wing. Less complicated and neater than placing them on the upper wing. That being said, I am assuming that this will fly like a flying wing. There may be oddities about your configuration that I don't fully understand.

jamboree1

I am guessing you mean this to be elevons, i'd make them 12" long by 2" wide starting at about 3" away from where the wing joint starts

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
You could try a v-tail mix and ailerons. 4 Servos (red) control rods (yellow) control surfaces (black). I apologize for the two year old with a crayon type illustration.

attachment.jpg

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Wouldn't it be best to put the control surfaces on the furthest back part? It would give you the best elevator control because of the increased lever. Ailerons shouldn't matter as long as the two aileron surfaces are far away from each other. (Elevons on the far back long portion.)