Bring on the Tubby Cubby!

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Cool......I'd like to see support for the rooks at Flite Fest. A mentor for each noob that needs buddy boxing or help with a setup or maiden would be nice.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

It looks like it's time to order the speed build kit. I would like the plane to look like the cub's that fly in the bush. I was thinking about putting on the 4.3" large foam wheels. What do you guys think about that size wheel ? To big or just right ? Or is there a better size wheel out there ?

Looking for input,
Al

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I love this! Last year at FliteFest, I had brought my BluBaby which was made with Model Airplane foam (pretty much FTFB without the paper) and used it as a trainer/buddy box candidate for new pilots but I ultimately didn't fly when everyone else was flying. It was because I had a spektrum DSM2 receiver in it and that resulted in a lockout. A testament to how great this type of plane is, it basically landed by itself safely after the failsafe kicked in and shutdown the motor. The best part was flying at the crack of dawn on Sunday while Chris R. was flying his Phantom in the fog/mist, and having Wayne come over with his telephoto lens taking snaps of it in the air. Wish I could find some of those pictures.

jklong03

Just placed my order!
I've had my flight pack I ordered just for this plane sitting unopened just waiting for the release of the scratch building plans since the episode when Josh introduced it.

Come on Dan and Josh, let us scratch builders have first crack at it!

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Haha BUILD PLANS coming WEDNESDAY ;) Can't wait to see how you guys like it! As you can see we have LOVED it, and those FLOATS... FANTASTIC! EVEN I could fly with em on the water! haha and THATS saying something!

PLEASE, and I cannot stress this enough, PLEASE BUILD IT, FLY IT, and let us know what you think because we want everyone to have a BLAST with this airplane! We want to populate the WORLD with this airplane because it flies that well and it is ICONIC and simple just a blast to fly and have fun with friends... so GO and populate your flying fields and FLITE FESTS and anywhere else you heart desires! Also, show us your MODS as well, because we are always looking to see what the community comes up with!

Blessings everyone and keep on flyin!
SIMPLE CUBS aka 'TubbyCubby's" for the WIN!!
https://store.flitetest.com/ft-simple-cub/

Stefan ;)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
It is on my list but I might just elevate it as I scratch build out of a heavier FB variety and the balancing techniques might make its build more universal. Keep those new designs coming!

As my build will not be commencing tomorrow I will watch the forums for the issues others have and their remedies so I know any existing issues or points to consider.

Love these planes!

Have fun!

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I don't have a power pack B.

Anyone think I could build this with a redbottom 2205 2300kv, 6x45 prop and a 30 amp ESC?

Winglet

French,

I think the 2205 with that prop would work fine. Probably climb like a rocket on 3 cells?

Gryf

I just downloaded the plans... then printed them at 130°. :)

So if things go according to intentions, look for an unusually large Simple Cub at Flite Fest. I was hoping to build something new for the trip this year, so here goes.

Gryf

Michael9865

Elite member
I just downloaded the plans... then printed them at 130°. :)

So if things go according to intentions, look for an unusually large Simple Cub at Flite Fest. I was hoping to build something new for the trip this year, so here goes.

Gryf

Cool, I will be looking for it.

alan0043

Hi Guys,

I have not down loaded my plans yet. But I do have a question. Have many sheet of Dollar Tree foam board will I need ? This plane will be one of my first scratch builds.

Thanks for any input,
Al

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Hi Guys,

I have not down loaded my plans yet. But I do have a question. Have many sheet of Dollar Tree foam board will I need ? This plane will be one of my first scratch builds.

Thanks for any input,
Al

without the bombs or power pod, its 3. If you need a power pod it will take a 4th sheet.