Bristol Blenheim 132cm

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Thank you for you suggestions as always Hai-lee!

I will have a look for the paper you said. I have about 8 planes that I have built as I said, so I write them in the book for next time.

(W 28, L 19.5, D 2.35) that sort of thing.

I love this hobby, so many helpful people!

Abe

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
If you pick an easy one I could help you get used to the procedure so that you can use it later on harder and more adventurous designs. The help would be how to use the paper and where to draw the lines to make the design into a paper plan.

Userofmuchtape&glue

I would love that Hai-lee.

At the moment I am working on 2 designs for friends, but is there a particular plane you would like to design? maybe we could do shadow builds, and post the progress.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Its a deal! Just try to organise some Graph Paper , A1 or A0, decide whether we use 3mm or 5mm FB, approximate wing span, and a short list of what you would like to see. Keep it simple though for our purpose a single design.

With my work load I could be ready to think about starting in a few weeks if you are capable of getting the paper by then.

Just let us know.

PS design would be quickest if you had a motor Etc left over from a write off just laying around!

Userofmuchtape&glue

Right!

I would go for the 5mm FB with a 900mm WS,

FC 28-12 1534kv,

20A ESC,

100mah 3S,

9g servos.

Maybe this plane?
3v-volksplane.gif

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Can you tell me the maker and model Etc so that I can get a finer and more detailed 3 view as there are a few details I am unsure of in your selected plane.

Taping A4 together can work but you will need to ensure that you have at least 500mm of straight lines on the taped together paper as we will use the paper lines as reference lines. They definitely will need to be straight. I get my A1 graph paper (2mm square ruled) from my local art shop for 50 cents a sheet.

OH! By the way there is a method of using both sides of the graph paper for the plans. You can draw out the design for the wing, for instance, on the printed side in pencil and then when complete push pins through the paper at the line intersections etc. Then turn the paper drawing side down and play join the dots on the non-printed side. When the "Join the Dots" in finished you should have the wing plan on the non-printed side. Then turn the paper over again and erase the pencil lines on the printed side and start the next part of the drawing.

When the design is finished and the prototype has flown successfully, (no further plan changes required), you can INK the pencil lines to make the plans permanent.

You will also need some scrap plywood, some CF/Spruce/Oak for the wing struts, and some Music wire or Aluminium bar for the undercarriage.

Please inform also if you just want a squarish design, Profile, semi shaped or very close to scale look. Squarish and Profile will require the least effort of course.

Later!

Userofmuchtape&glue

Its a Evans VP-1 Volksplane, I think that because its such a simple design I would like it to be as scale as possible with out going over the top! (Rivets, panel lines etc....)

We live 60kms out of town so next time I go in on a week day I will see if the news agents/craft shop have any.

I have TONS of pine, some ply and a pit of CF and arrow dowel.

I am having a look on HK for piano wire now. back soon....

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I got some images and a set of incomplete plans off of the internet and today I was flicking through my plans and found a full original set of paper plans for the Balsa model of the plane you requested so I am ready to go when you are! It should be easy so I might include a fully removable hatch for battery and equipment access.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
OK. I see it. Tomorrow the design work begins. We will set wing span, (and hence size) and then I will give you a few dimensions starting with the fuselage and tail and moving to the wing and wing struts.