Bushwacker DX6 set up

Hoosiers!

I am looking for beginner settings for the bushwacker I just built and quickly crashed. I know Peter mentioned a couple things at the end of the build video, but really didn't elaborate that much. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

flyingkelpie

Elite member
I am looking for beginner settings for the bushwacker I just built and quickly crashed. I know Peter mentioned a couple things at the end of the build video, but really didn't elaborate that much. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John
Do you have a video of the crash? (or could you describe it) This would help me to understand the issue. Depending on how the crash went I would either assume that your control surface throws were too high meaning it moved a lot when you moved the stick. Otherwise, it could have been a trimming issue. I'm not used to the DX6 but fiddle round in the settings and try to find something similar or the same as endpoints. Adjust them as necessary. I believe the other way is to us dual rates so you can flick between settings easily on the field but I find end points easier. Hope this helps!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I set up 3 rates low, medium and high and for the first few flights only used the low rates until I got use to it. Unfortunately I am in work so no access to my transmitter so can't tell you what percentages I used at the present.
Are you using just aileron's, separate aileron and flaps or Flaperons ?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I also flew mine on my Radiomaster so don't know how the rate percentages compare with those on a Spektrum, it will also depend which holes you used on your servo arms and control horns to provide the deflection of your surfaces

bisco

Elite member

Thanks in advance,

John
yes he did, no he didn't. you need tx adjustments, not bushwacker