Calling all Northern NJ Flitetest Pilots

I live in New York City in the middle of Manhattan, so it's really hard to pursue my rc hobbies. Im glad there are other people around me who like flite test.

Hey not sure if you drive, but you're welcome to meet up with us when we fly. If you get out to hackensack, not too far from NYC, then I can drive us to the field we fly at.

Also you should look into joining Seawing RC club (google it, not sure how it's spelled) in brooklyn, they are ama sanctioned club and they have a field.

Only reason I know this is I was thinking of checking out their field since I work in brooklyn and thought if it was close enough, I could go join and do some flying afterwork or lunch time.

wolfjon

Good see you guys again as well. How bad was the crash when I was leaving it looked pretty brutal going down?

Flynn

Surprisingly not bad at all. It came it at an angle and just dirtied the nose. The piece that came off was the canopy and the battery went for a ride. We were talking afterward and saying "see, even us guys flying all summer still crash" lol

We want to plan a weekend again before the winter hits, something we can post so the people we've spoken with can come out and hang.

mactek

Are you guys going to be flying this weekend. If so i would love to come out and meet everyone. I should have my ft storch done by this weekend. Flynn i love the fpv storch video.

Flynn

Mactek, thanks man! Lately it's been kinda a last minute decision to fly. But, I will post here as soon as we know what the plan is.

Flynn

Hey guys, we will be meeting up to have some fun flying this Sunday like 10-4ish. The site is in Rockaway NJ. Pm me if you want to come out and need directions.

Here's a video of Flynn's and my sukhoi. The camera is a mobius strapped to my cowl looking back at Flynn's sukhoi. Eventually I wanted to knife edge and just fly around, still learning to fly this plane..

mactek

I flew the storch last weekend and the bigger motor and prop worked. It took off immediately. It flew great for about 5 mins and then the right aileron servo control arm broke. I ended up putting it into a tree about 15 feet up in the air. I was able to retrieve it but the tail was broken. So i have got all the pieces cut out for a new fuselage and will hopefully try it again this weekend. How was everyone elses flying weekend.