Can I Use A Fly Sky FS-T6 To Fly A Quad

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That transmitter will fly one easily. Just depends on what receiver you use. I am not familiar with flysky so someone else will have to be more specific but any of their 6 channel ppm receivers would work I assume. Smaller the better obviously for weight management should be in the requirements list as well.

Larocka

Can I use a fly-sky 6ch micro ppm reciever for the Flite Test Gremlin Quad?

there's no reason you shouldn't be able to, as far as i know you should be just fine, most flight controllers have ppm support. Are you using the ft gremlin kit with the included fc? if so, you should be just fine as far as i can tell.

regarding setup, since you have 6 channels, i'd reccomend having channel 5 assigned to arm/disarm and channel 6 to flight mode adjustment/buzzer

jtrops

The t6 uses the older AFHDS protocol. The new receivers are on the AFHDS 2a protocol, and not compatible with the older radios. I'm not sure what PPM receivers exist for the older protocol. If the Rx says "2a" anywhere on it, or in the description it won't work with the t6.

How would you activate the auto-leveling mode if you were flying a drone with a FlySky transmitter?

Last edited:

samisbored

How would you activate the auto-leveling mode if you were flying a drone on a FlySky transmitter?

I had a FS-T6 a few years ago. You need to hook up a 5th channel on your RX to your FCB. Once you do that go to monitor and see which switch is set to aux... this will be your arming switch. Now plug your quad into the computer. Set up autolevel mode and set it to the "Aux" or "5th Channel". Now when you fly your auto level will be assigned to the aux switch.

kdobson83

Be careful with the T6. The range on mine was only about 200 yards at best. That might seem to be enough but those faster Gremlins (and in my case FT Mustang) will eat up 200 yards pretty quickly. You can upgrade your antenna for about $15 and double your range, or upgrade your transmitter to the i6 or i6x in my case and get up to 2km range. They are on eBay and what not for about $50. I think most of em come with the ppm RX's. Mine did.