Solved Can the FT DR1 run on power pack A?

Flyingshark

Master member
What it says in the title. I'm considering building a DR1, but on the store it only shows the F pack and a 3s as an option. I have an A pack 1806 motor and 2s and 3s batteries, so I was hoping one of those combinations might work. Has anyone built a DR1 with that kind of setup? Might I need to remove some paper to make it lighter?

I'm hoping to just fly it around in my backyard, so it doesn't have to have the full speed range.

Anyway, advice would be appreciated!! :)

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
It should be fine with the a pack. I know the a and b pack are more for beginner planes which are slower. So it should be fine on a 3 cell or 2 cell but I don’t have any 2 cells. And the wings will have it be floatier anyways but if it is still heavy when you maiden it be careful where you peel off the paper. Take off the landing gear if you have it then remove more useless things

Flyingshark

Master member
It should be fine with the a pack. I know the a and b pack are more for beginner planes which are slower. So it should be fine on a 3 cell or 2 cell but I don’t have any 2 cells. And the wings will have it be floatier anyways but if it is still heavy when you maiden it be careful where you peel off the paper. Take off the landing gear if you have it then remove more useless things
Cool, thanks! :)

moke

biggest issue with smaller battery might be getting c.g. right. My DR1 was notoriously tail heavy until I started using 3s 850 battery. I think your A pack motor won't be a problem.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The A pack isnt a 2300kv like the F is it? If it isnt then running 2s might be anemic. Not sure of the specs though so dont take my word for it

Flyingshark

Master member
The A pack isnt a 2300kv like the F is it? If it isnt then running 2s might be anemic. Not sure of the specs though so dont take my word for it
I'm not planning to run 2s. I just wanted to list my mighty mini battery options. A pack is an 1806 2280kv, by the way. :)

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yeah, it'll fly it no problem. I run mine on a large 2s battery and an F pack and it flies great. 3s on an A pack will be great, and you could even get away with 2s if you build it light. The Dr-1 is an amazing plane - you'll love it!