Canada..?

tommcgarry

TomMcGarry
Has anyone considered a Canadian meet up? I live in Ottawa and I know a few Flitetest fans, I'm sure there's a big following here in Canada. We are all so easy going up here, you'll love it.

RoyBro

Mentor
Canada is pretty big. Maybe you could centralize the location like Moose Jaw or Saskatoon. I'd even drive up from Montana to attend.

Of course you won't want to wait too long, unless you want to only fly FT Snowballs, or other planes with skis. :p

RoyBro

Mentor
But you've got to admit, those are great names "Moose Jaw" and "Saskatoon". My boss goes to Moose Jaw each year for an annual party and golfing. I have a distant cousin who lives in Saskatoon. When it was -20F here in Montana, it was more like -50F in Saskatoon.

And I was just joking about the location. I saw that you guys were way East. But still... Moose Jaw or Saskatoon. Are you sure? ;)

eagle4

Jimmyp, were you at the NAFPV event a couple of weeks ago? it was in collingwood :) good times

I'm in Montreal

Jimmyp

Jimmyp, were you at the NAFPV event a couple of weeks ago? it was in collingwood :) good times

I'm in Montreal

I heard rumors that there was something going on with RC in Collingwood but couldn't find out anything about it. I'm ticked off now that there really was something and I missed it. It is like 10 mins from my house.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
I think Canada would be great for a FT FPV Fest! No FAA to worry about. Unless Canada already has some regulations I'm unaware of.

gmackster

As of right now Transport Canada hasn't (to my knowledge) outlined any restrictions. As long as we continue to use common sense, hopefully there won't be a need for new laws.

Im in!!!!!!!!

whiskeyjack

It's a great idea!
Location? Some where near the GTA so folks could fly into Pearson and then to the event by rental or charter bus. Somewhere where there is a MAAC club that would be willing to host such an event, near to hotels but with enough space for campers and vendors and a build tent.....ooo I'm getting excited.
We have a year to plan....decide on a date....find a host club or someone with the space.... I should calm down, maybe get an adult beverage or something....
Wouldn't it be great to have the Flitetest crew here for a weekend. Maybe we can Great Hobbies interested as the main sponsor. Who knows until we try. WJ.

Marker

I live on a farm in the middle of Manitoba 2 mins off the trans canada I wonder if Flitetest would do a Canada road trip? And go to all the great hobbies locations. It would need to be in the spring or summer or fall I don't know how they would do in the cold.

haha49

I think Canada would be great for a FT FPV Fest! No FAA to worry about. Unless Canada already has some regulations I'm unaware of.

They're common sense type of rules. Don't fly 8km from an airport... not hard... Don't fly in a designated fly path ok airlines fly in certain areas and don't tend to wonder not hard.... File paperwork if your doing comercial stuff ok not hard... It's mostly common sense.

Biff45452

I live on a farm in the middle of Manitoba 2 mins off the trans canada I wonder if Flitetest would do a Canada road trip? And go to all the great hobbies locations. It would need to be in the spring or summer or fall I don't know how they would do in the cold.

Fellow Manitoban!

BornToSoar

Come to Canada!

Canada sucks to be in this hobby... I can't find parts anywhere.... Any suggestions? But yes. Flitetest, you should definitely come to Canada... How about a tour? East coast anyone? There are huge fields around the Cumberland basin (part of the bay of fundy) with gravel roads to land on... It's a wonderful wonderful place to fly. Infinite space, lots of landing places, open to the public and very hospitable people. Canada welcomes you! Come up to the great white north. Border of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia is where I am, and that great place to fly is. PS anyone out there from sackville NB? If so message me directly. Thank you

BornToSoar

Also, I like the idea of visiting all the great hobbies locations... You would have to drive right by the great fields I was talking about to get to the one in Charlottetown, PEI. Beautiful scenery here as well. Beautiful bay of fundy... And sunrise is gorgeous from the field. Sun rises right over the bay, and there is a nice tall dyke with a grass road on top that is beautiful to fly off of. Please consider it flitetest! - Andrew Ollerhead (kik: adollerhead if you wish to contact me.)

Psalmbody

The best place for rc parts is online and it is always cheaper for us Canadians to buy from China, like banggood.com or Hobbyking.com
A good Canadian retailer and supporter of FT is greathobbies.com