can't connect to clean flight while battery is connected to copter

Samick

Hey has any one else had any issues clean flight not connecting while the battery is plugged into the copter? I can connect when i the battery isn't connected but as soon as i connect it i lose my connection. Any thoughts on this? its certainly making my quad hard to configure. it's a Strider Flex with the integrated minumosd and i'm using a naze32 acro board fyi

edit now i got a good connection between the board and my computer but i now have a strange issue where i can't arm the board unless i am plugged into my PC. any one have experience with this issue

Last edited:

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Have you got the MinimOSD on UART1? MSP/USB is always on UART1, so if you also have MinimOSD on UART1, then when you power the frame, MinimOSD will conflict with the MSP/USB connection. I believe one approach is to put MSP on both UART1 and UART2, then plug MinimOSD in to pins RC3/4, which are TX/RX for UART2. But I don't have a MinimOSD, so take that with a grain of salt.

LasseAndersen

Help.. !

Have you got the MinimOSD on UART1? MSP/USB is always on UART1, so if you also have MinimOSD on UART1, then when you power the frame, MinimOSD will conflict with the MSP/USB connection. I believe one approach is to put MSP on both UART1 and UART2, then plug MinimOSD in to pins RC3/4, which are TX/RX for UART2. But I don't have a MinimOSD, so take that with a grain of salt.

Hi Joshua (and others)
I have the same issue with my quad. I can't have battery connected and Cleanflight connected at the same time. Both by them selves works fine. The quad has flown and crashed, in the past, but i don't see any obvious issues. When both battery and Cleanflight is connected cleanflight freezes and there is no response from my radio to the quad. at some point my ESCs starts to beep, and they continue with this, until i disconnect the battery. It starts out as fairly synced beeps from each ESC, but over time the beeps gets more and more out of sync. I have tried you solution for Samick, without luck. My best guess is a broken ESC or FC, but since they both work fine when im not connected to Cleanflight im not so sure...

Edit.: Im also using Naze 32 Acro board.

Last edited: