Can't find firewall?

defhermit

Hey there..

I got my 3 pack in the mail today. I'm warming up my glue gun for its maiden voyage, getting ready to glue the power pod together. Looking forward to the next step and I realize I can't find the firewall!

I'm starting with the Nutball, is this only included with one of the other two kits?

If I just got unlucky, how can I replace this part quickly? I was really looking forward to building these this weekend!

defhermit

<Sinking feeling sets in>
Uh, I also don't see any control horns or metal bars to attach between servos and control rods.

Winglet

I think FT goofed up a bit on your kit? I'm sure they will correct the mistake quickly if you get in touch with them. You can still do a lot of the building without those parts. They can be added later..

defhermit

The video says to start with the power pod build, and that video glues the firewall onto the thing after the first A-fold. I could post a picture, that is exactly what is sitting on my table in front of me right now. Sigh.

I already submitted a problem on the support section of the site. I'm sure they will get back to me soon. Was this supposed to come with a landing gear as well? I don't see that either.

notreallyme

yes the firewall is wood, all of the parts usually come in a separate package in the box it has the firewall skewers landing gear control rods control horns, you did say you got the 3 pack right? the "extra's package" for those three should be pretty much the same did you get the extra's for any of the three?

defhermit

no, I didn't get those items for any of the three planes. it's disappointing but I'm sure they will make it right for me. it's kind of ironic because I've been working through the podcasts and just got done listening to one where Josh B says something along the lines of "you can thank my wife if we shipped to you in the last couple of weeks, and if we shipped to you without control rods you can thank me."

notreallyme

LOL lucky you, Josh packed your kit. they will get them sent to you im sure.if you watch the videos of the huilds you will see that you can get most of the build done with out those items. although the nutball doesn't have much of a build lol.

Torf

While you wait for a resolution, I have an idea for you.

Go to Dollar Tree and grab a few sheets of foam board. Take your precut parts, lay them on the new DTFB and trace them with a sharp pencil. You can use these templates to more easily make additional airframes or replacement parts.

Lots of guys don't even use their FT laser cut parts in planes, they just use them as templates to easily make many planes.

Just an idea, since you are waiting anyway.

defhermit

I can happily report that I got a response from the store support person and they promised to get me my missing parts ASAP. This gave me time this past weekend to inventory my supplies and buy more packing tape, etc. Hopefully I'll have at least one of these planes ready to fly by next weekend.

defhermit

while I was happy to get a response from a person at flitetest regarding my order's missing parts, I wish they handled shipments of missing parts the same way they handled the order itself. I was given an email that included a link to the USPS tracking number for the order so I had an idea when it would show up. with this missing parts shipment I have nothing but an emailed promise that they were going to send it "today" they day I received the reply.

so now I am just waiting. and I plan on continuing to post in this thread until I get my parts. I really hope I don't have to go through another weekend staring at these plane parts that I can't put together.

dgrigor02

You learn to improvise more once you get some experience building.

You could have easily made out of a paint stirrer stick that you get for free from the Hardware stores and drill holes in it for your motor mount while you wait for the missing parts.

defhermit

yeah I'll start doing stuff myself but I don't want to do that on my first plane. when it doesn't fly I don't want to be left guessing if it was the fault of one of the things I did differently.