cant get cleanflight to work on my naze32 board

Samick

So i just got a naze32 in the mail, and decided to set it up with cleanflight. i installed the drivers, rebooted pc, and every thing was going well until cleanflight wouldn't communicate with the board.. i tried it on baseflight and even multiwii config, and it works on those (saw the gyros moving) but i can't get it to communicate with cleanflight for some reason

i can't flash the new firmware, and i get the message "No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed"

any ideas as to what i have going on here?

Last edited:

nilsen

Hey Samick,

what do you mean you can't flash the new firmware? You have to flash it before you try an connect and don't forget to select the Naze32 borad as the target board from the dropdown.

Hope this helps.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
And....
Assuming you are on a PC you'll need that USB driver before you can connect or flash.
I believe it's listed on the main page of the clean flight app.

Best regards,
PCH

Samick

when i click "load online firmware" i get a message that says failed to load remote firmware.

i installed the drivers. like i said, the board will communicate with my computer if i use a more primitive(?) gui like multiwiigui or baseflight

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
when i click "load online firmware" i get a message that says failed to load remote firmware.

i installed the drivers. like i said, the board will communicate with my computer if i use a more primitive(?) gui like multiwiigui or baseflight

Did you select the appropriate firmware from the list?

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
Do you get the error message when you try to flash the firmware, or is the flash successful?

Samick

while i'm flashing diag pic1 discard.png

Flying Cirkus

Yea, been an error within github since yesterday... several mails have been sent from CF devs to github support to get it fixed..

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly

are you seeing this when you hit 'load firmware' or when you hit 'flash firmware'?
when you hit 'load firmware' it should load the correct version with release notes etc, and then allow you to hit flash. Are you getting an error when trying to load initially or does it load fine and then fail to flash?

EDIT: nvm, half the thread hadn't loaded when I replied =)

Welsh Beeman

It is simple : You have a write protection on your board, Down load STM Flash Loader

are you seeing this when you hit 'load firmware' or when you hit 'flash firmware'?
when you hit 'load firmware' it should load the correct version with release notes etc, and then allow you to hit flash. Are you getting an error when trying to load initially or does it load fine and then fail to flash?

EDIT: nvm, half the thread hadn't loaded when I replied =)

It is simple : You have a write protection on your board, Down load STM Flash Loader now I had to connect the boot pads on Naze32 by soldering two bits of wire to them to make it easy to short them when needed. I now plug ed USB in Naze32. Launched STM on laptop Windows 10 then pinched the tow wire bare ends together and plug ed in the other end of USB to laptop. I had to do this a few times before I had connection the com port showed up in the box on left side. Now do not try to load firmware but instead just go through the pages an click remove write protection and click next. Now you have a clean board and when you get back to baseflight or any other you like it will now find your Naze and load the firmware! PS And yes I have a Naze non genuine board Ebay cheap y type.

So I have a mac. I just got a jumper 260 plus with a naze32. When I plug in the board to my computer to configure it with clean flight, it gives me the message "No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed" Also if I get into and try to configure before the 10 seconds, it says "No response from boot loader, programming failed". Is there something that I need to do in order to get my jumper to talk to me?

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Does your mac see the board at all?

If not ensure you have the proper driver installed and that you are using a USB cable that can handle the job. Not all USB cables are equal and many won't work.

I was using a cord from a hard drive. I got the drivers for mac. Do you have a link to the one that I need just so I know I have the right one?

Thanks for the Feedback

So I installed the driver and did the boot sequence with the wires shorted on the boot on the naze and I still got the same response. Now what?