• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CareBears vs. Trolls

RoyBro

Mentor
In the most recent podcast, our forum was characterized as having "CareBears" whereas other forums (not to be mentioned here) have "Trolls".

Please excuse my naivete. What's a "Troll" (as it relates to forums)? :confused:

I don't frequent many other forums.

Thanks

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Somebody who deliberately starts an argument over a minor issue. Hobbyking in general, or foamies vs balsa are the usual issues they bring up.
The only way to get rid of a troll is to ignore them, or call in the supreme soaring simian to ban them.;)

RoyBro

Mentor
Somebody who deliberately starts an argument over a minor issue. Hobbyking in general, or foamies vs balsa are the usual issues they bring up.
The only way to get rid of a troll is to ignore them, or call in the supreme soaring simian to ban them.;)
Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was something like that.

Wikipedia has a rather more in-depth description:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
Wow, Way more information than I was looking for. On the other hand, it did explain why the term seems to mean multiple things given the context. For instance in Battlefield 3 & 4 videos on YouTube referring to "trolling" when setting up a trap for an unsuspecting player, and using the "trollface".

Thanks for the responses.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'm listening to the podcast now. I'm thinking I like Trappy and his point of view of flying in places I wouldn't have, more than I ever thought I would. He is really trying to broaden the exposure of the hobby rather than just flying dangerously. Live and learn! One more excellent reason for the podcast!