Celera 500L -laminar flow bullet shaped plane.

leaded50

Legendary member
DSC_0427.JPG
DSC_0428.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
It's looking good! I'm really impressed at how fast you get these builds done.
Thanks! its not as much work, and still have some time before any maiden... no electronics are in, eg. Research up front, getting as much info as needed/can, and its essier.. as on this plane, ive had info approx 8months saved. And since gonna use the wing from the Piper Jet on both planes, it gives some less work. And need relocate/put on more magnets on the hatch, its to easy get loose.
But plan if my health shape keeps up, to find out batterybox placement/ CG and do a glidetest perhaps today.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
since wing was made for the Piper Jet wing low wing, i found retracts was to short at this mid wing plane, the belly scratched. Reworking with longer "legs". Also decided to fix steerable the frontwheel. Retracts done, just to mount the frontwheel and push rod, then its done.

Motor gives great power, fits nice there, even if a bit tight in that fuselage "end tube", a few airopenings fixed it. The prop needed adjustment , cutted and balanced tips, and of course the spinner didnt fit perfect either in the cuts for prop blades... all fixed. Just the postman get a bit faster with my ordered recievers, its ready for running with all channels.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
only differences guys, is that i like unconventional (uniqe) planes.... and try build them too :).
Its very easy find planes thats not common known.... its more a problem to find enough info/drawings/pictures to make a build. First rule, dont be afraid it didnt quite get as the original, it get 50mm shorter, 20mm less diameter eg.. so what? nobody will see it. Try get the complete "picture" on the look/approx dimensions, then the build get accomplished anyway!.