Cessna A152 Aerobat (MS)

Jonny Gum

Elite member
Hello all, I'm making a return to the Flitetest Forums. I have been flying a lot of real airplanes, and one of my favorites is a certain Cessna A152 Aerobat. Naturally, I thought about making an RC out of the iconic airplane, but between my lack of free time and the Cessna being one of the least unusual and cool airplanes out there, I hadn't actually considered designing one until now.

If you're wondering why I would put the time and effort into making a "cEsSnA", I don't really know either, but I think it'll be cool. I like smooth cruising RC planes, and some of my favorite flying is simply taking off and landing as smooth as possible. I think a big ol 152 would be perfect for this kind of flying, and the tricycle landing gear will be a fun design challenge and funnerer to fly. I plan to make this as scale as possible (as reasonable) and will paint it up like the one I fly for real.

If ya'll show interest in the plane, I will probably make public plans and all that. Hopefully I'm not the only Aerobat Enthusiast.

Planned Specs:
Power Pack C Electronics with a 10" prop on 3s or 4s
Roughly 58" Wingspan, built pretty lightweight
Great looking dubro scale wheels and scale spinner

I started 2 days ago and have the wing fully designed, and a bit of the fuselage. Planning to finish within a few weeks, but the fuselage may be tricky.

Jonny Gum

Elite member
Got a bit more of the fuselage done, and plan to build the wing next week. I’m currently out of town for the Thanksgiving Holiday, and the Aerobat has been my transportation to get here. It got me 348 miles and over a small mountain range, so I can’t wait to make this RC.
9400EDF9-EDD9-42B1-AAB6-8CA9996656FD.jpeg
A72C744F-DA01-4400-A7D8-90A727094920.jpeg
5FEA13A4-FCB1-4D9B-9040-27643CC7E05D.jpeg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hello all, I'm making a return to the Flitetest Forums. I have been flying a lot of real airplanes, and one of my favorites is a certain Cessna A152 Aerobat. Naturally, I thought about making an RC out of the iconic airplane, but between my lack of free time and the Cessna being one of the least unusual and cool airplanes out there, I hadn't actually considered designing one until now.

If you're wondering why I would put the time and effort into making a "cEsSnA", I don't really know either, but I think it'll be cool. I like smooth cruising RC planes, and some of my favorite flying is simply taking off and landing as smooth as possible. I think a big ol 152 would be perfect for this kind of flying, and the tricycle landing gear will be a fun design challenge and funnerer to fly. I plan to make this as scale as possible (as reasonable) and will paint it up like the one I fly for real.

If ya'll show interest in the plane, I will probably make public plans and all that. Hopefully I'm not the only Aerobat Enthusiast.

Planned Specs:
Power Pack C Electronics with a 10" prop on 3s or 4s
Roughly 58" Wingspan, built pretty lightweight
Great looking dubro scale wheels and scale spinner

I started 2 days ago and have the wing fully designed, and a bit of the fuselage. Planning to finish within a few weeks, but the fuselage may be tricky.
I would love plans for this cute little plane...
Can't wait to see how your design turns out.