Cheap camera for fpv

laritiewsoh

Not searching for anything too small. Im just on a tight budget so looking at cheap options. I have read somewhere that CCD types will be better for fpv but the ones in hobbyking are out of stock right now.

Do you have any experience regarding CCD or CMOS type?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Looking at what I've been using up until now, it's always been CMOS cameras, but they've been the FatShark CCD Killer CMOS ones.

Not sure what difference that might make.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
That camera seems like a fine budget option. The only thing that stands out is the 3.6 mm lens. A lot of FPV flyers prefer the 2.8 mm lens for a wider field of view. But 3.6 is fine.

2.8mm gives about a 130 degree FOV. 3.6 mm lens is about a 90 degree FOV.

laritiewsoh

Well since I'm just starting out, I wouldnt mind having 90 fov. I think we can even change only the lens to get more fov (like the recent episode of flitetest suggested)

Later on, when I get more experienced, I will get a better camera :)

laritiewsoh

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have already ordered this camera (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-700TVL-...item43d0fb3070) and will be going with a 5.8ghz 200mW tx/rx and cloverleaf antennas. I have also ordered a power filter because I'm planning to use one battery in the plane itself.

For my first flights I will fly line of sight first and let others see from the monitor. Later on I can fly fpv when I have full confidence in my system. Thanks for your input and if you have any other suggestions regarding fpv especially for beginners, do let me know :)