Cheap RC plane parts

Innaviation

Starting to get electronics for Flite Fest and realized just how expensive electronics can been. Wondering if there is a cheap website or place that I could get cheap electronics for RC planes.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
If you want electronics as cheap as possible you could try banggood, although the shipping is generally slow, the customer service is subpar, and alot of products are knock-offs.

You also might be able to find some good deals on Ebay.

basslord1124

Master member
I've had pretty success from banggood...just gotta expect slow shipping. I also get Hobbyking sometimes or HeadsUp Hobby. And then there's always ebay.

Bricks

Master member
Cheapest I have found is Aliexpress as long as you are not in a hurry to get anything, I have orderd a lot of stuff off of hear and never had a problem. Hardest is just finding the cheapest takes some digging and time.

http://www.aliexpress.com/

kdobson83

Look for Racerstar products on Banggood.com. Quality is pretty good, almost if not equal to emax stuff. Banggood also has a warehouse in California which houses a lot of their more popular items. Means shipping in a week to the states.
Take this motor for example.
[US$7.90 51% OFF]Racerstar BR2830 1300KV 2-4S Brushless Motor For RC Airplane RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/C02BEAeuUV
I uses this motor on my FT Explorer, puts out 1200grams of thrust, equivalent to the old C-pack motor. Cost is about $10 shipped and says shipping is 8 days. It's about 4-5 days for me here in KY.

Anyway, not trying to advertise for Chinese stuff, I'd always recommend supporting the hobby and FT by buying from them but if money is an issue banggood is a good option.

Mad_Mechanic

I've personally never ordered from Banggood or Aliexpress, but I have ordered a lot from HobbyKing. They are still one of the best sources (in my opinion) for cheap lipo batteries and decent cheap servos.

I agree with @kdobson83 and I try to support local hobby shops and retailers based on in the same country as I live. To that end, I like to buy my FrSky gear from Aloft Hobbies (California), I've also ordered some Cobra Motors stuff from Innov8tive Designs (east coast) and I've bought a few things from Flite Test/Amain.

As much as I like to be 'loyal' to a shop, if the shop doesn't carry what I want, time to find a place that does. I spread my money around.

You can also try keeping an eye on classified ads both here and over at RCGroups forum, you might be able to find a good deal or two on some used or near-new electronics that fit your needs.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Seconded on Hobbyking, especially if you are in the UK where the power packs are very pricey. Their only problems are low stock and the dumb way they don’t use everyone else’s way of measuring motors.
Which FT plane are you thinking of building?

Innaviation

Seconded on Hobbyking, especially if you are in the UK where the power packs are very pricey. Their only problems are low stock and the dumb way they don’t use everyone else’s way of measuring motors.
Which FT plane are you thinking of building?
A combat plane as well as really any future plane or project that I might have.

FDS

Elite member
If you need specific motors then we would need the name of the FT plane. The Bloody Baron is a common combat plane, there’s quite a few cheap options for powering those, since people build and crash so many.

mayan

Legendary member
I personally use AliExpress for my electronics, and haven't had issues to date. It does take longer on delivery but sometimes adding another 1-3$ on epacket makes the delivery so much faster.