Clean Quad Build

ikem

some more updates. Did some sleeving today.

DSC_2320.JPG

DSC_2321.JPG

I WANNA FLY IT... still waiting on the servo and some silicone wire.

DSC_2340.JPG

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Your esc's although very "neat" are wrapped in too much heat insulating blanket (shrink) for my builds. I bare the heat sink and try give it intimate contact with moving air at least and if building on a metal frame I attach it in firm contact between the heat sink and the frame for best esc performance and reliability. Unless the esc's used have a Crystal oscillator then the calibration will drift a lot as the temperature changes.

Thurmond

ikem

Your esc's although very "neat" are wrapped in too much heat insulating blanket (shrink) for my builds. I bare the heat sink and try give it intimate contact with moving air at least and if building on a metal frame I attach it in firm contact between the heat sink and the frame for best esc performance and reliability. Unless the esc's used have a Crystal oscillator then the calibration will drift a lot as the temperature changes.

Thurmond

took your advice. I thought I would be ok, but i guess it is better to be safe. I could not find thin wall heatshrink that would fit over the esc, but i cut the portion over the aluminum heatsink. They has a good amount of space, and will have a good amount of prop wash going over them.

2014-02-10 18.42.21.jpg
2014-02-10 18.42.33.jpg

ikem

well everything is done. Just waiting for it to warm up. I made this out of a scrap piece of delrin Fortis sent me. It holds the arms really well.

2014-02-13%2013.00.03.jpg

2014-02-13%2013.00.23.jpg

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Looks great ikem!

Those windows in the ESC shrink will be a wise decision with black shrink in 95F summer sun