Connect Graupner to lift off

RandySkyHigh

What cable do I need to connect the Graupner MZ-12 transmitter to my computer so I can use it with the Lift Off software?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
With my Google Fu skills, I managed to find a thread over on RCGroups from about 3 years ago, in which someone was using an MZ-24, which, I'm assuming (and possibly incorrectly, as I am not familiar with Graupner radios) that it is a very similar platform to the MZ-12 transmitter, just more channels.

What Graupner posted is thus:

"If you are fine without a wireless connection than you can use the standard 3.5mm plug that comes out of the HW dongle directly with the DSC port on your TX.

All you have to do is configure your PPM and set the trainer mode to DSC-S and you are good to go with any sim I am aware off."

I would guess you'd need a cable/adapter that looks like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1H8LSX/?tag=lstir-20

Unfortunately, Graupners aren't in my wheelhouse; I know more about Spektrum (I use a USB wireless dongle from OrangeRX that bound like a new model to my transmitter) and have had great success with getting my DX6 and my dad's DX8 to work with Liftoff and AeroFly on the Mac...

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You can also use a program called Smartpropoplus that uses the old style trainer port with a cable that plugs into your sound card. Thast what I used when I was using my Devo7 on my sims.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
You can also use a program called Smartpropoplus that uses the old style trainer port with a cable that plugs into your sound card. Thast what I used when I was using my Devo7 on my sims.

Check for compatibility with Smartpropoplus and the latest version of Liftoff, though - I SEEM to remember reading some people were having issues with running it on newer versions. That said, they were running with the USB adapter cord, and when they went in with the new version their radios were recognized and they just had to re-calibrate. Worst that happens is you try it and it doesn't work, so you switch to a USB adapter. :)