Conventional use for transmitter switches?

Bricks

Master member
Yeah, it seems to be the consensus that there are no standards. That’s too bad, but at least I don’t have to go reprogram my 10+ models. 🙂

Regarding the servo arrangement, my transmitter binds individually for each model, so if I have the wrong model selected it just won’t work. But yeah, it would be nice if I didn’t have to do reversing. I generally just follow the plans, but I’ll see if I can make adjustments on future builds. I was thinking about the Nutball as an example. I think if I swapped the rudder and elevator servos, then I wouldn’t need any reversals.

Don`t need to swap change end to end will reverse them but me I just change in the radio and install the servos in the most convenient direction and position. That is why modern radios make things so much easier.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
What are the conventional uses of switches and knobs on transmitters for airplanes?

For example, I just learned that the top left switch is conventionally used as the kill switch. I was previously using the top right switch, but I’m going to change it over because I want to use conventional controls as much as possible in case I fly someone else’s planes, or they fly mine.

Are there other conventional uses for the switches and knobs? FWIW, I use a FlySky I6X which has three two position switches, one three position switch, and two knobs.
LOL. What’s a kill switch? Ride ‘em hard, and put ’em up wet…

Seriously, get your own system and then make it the same for all models… that is if you are like me with scores and scores of them. I gotta know the same switch does the same thing on the model I am flying (but haven’t flown for over a year). With FPV it is even more important that it not only be the same switch, but that it makes sense because you can’t see them with goggles on.

If you want to start a system of your own, try copying E-Flite. Go to HorizonHobby.com, pick a park flier with retracts, download the manual, and see where they default the switches. Almost all E-Flite use the same switches.