Current project....Mini Talon

Jackson T

Elite member
A guy in our club put a pan/tilt on his wing with head tracking control, he's fallen off the chair a few times looking down at us for the wing as he's flown overhead so be careful of that, it brings a whole new meaning to faceplant.
I'd do anything to see that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Flying acro quads has made me pretty good at disconnecting my body movements from what I'm seeing :)
Not me, I still try to steer my FPV glider with my head :D

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I want to do fpv sooo bad sometime! Never even flown any fpv at all. A guy offered to let my fly an fpv race quad a Flitefest but then it got stormy😣 I would buy the gear, but unfortunately keeping up with all the airplane stuff is a job in itself😉

Piotrsko

Master member
All you young-uns can do that twitchy FPV stuff. I would just fall a lot even in a chair.
I Prefer my view outside with full motion because the butt don't lie.

@CarolineTyler is really cool, wish I was like her when I was her age. Is the talon done yet?

Btw, I found out LIDL comes in sizes like wally world when in Ireland. I guess the foamies are only in the big size stores?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
All you young-uns can do that twitchy FPV stuff. I would just fall a lot even in a chair.
I Prefer my view outside with full motion because the butt don't lie.

@CarolineTyler is really cool, wish I was like her when I was her age. Is the talon done yet?

Btw, I found out LIDL comes in sizes like wally world when in Ireland. I guess the foamies are only in the big size stores?
Gosh, you make me sound young, I'm 58!!!!
The Lidl glider is only sold for 2-3 weeks every summer, you have to keep your eye on the 'middle of Lidl' bit of their website.

man-bot

I want to do fpv sooo bad sometime! Never even flown any fpv at all. A guy offered to let my fly an fpv race quad a Flitefest but then it got stormy😣 I would buy the gear, but unfortunately keeping up with all the airplane stuff is a job in itself😉

I have tilted a few people off balance nearly putting them on the ground taking them for rides in my goggles. Its easy when doing LOS piloting as you aint so smooth and can stack flips n rolls and spins more quickly. a hard punch out into an inverted freefall with a flip to regain flight control just before impact usually gets em good.

@Piotrsko Nah mate you get used to it pretty fast. Im 55 and love FPV. The faster the better.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have tilted a few people off balance nearly putting them on the ground taking them for rides in my goggles. Its easy when doing LOS piloting as you aint so smooth and can stack flips n rolls and spins more quickly. a hard punch out into an inverted freefall with a flip to regain flight control just before impact usually gets em good.

@Piotrsko Nah mate you get used to it pretty fast. Im 55 and love FPV. The faster the better.
Lol - I’d love to see or experience that!

Piotrsko

Master member
I remember being 58, wait a second, no I don't, or maybe I didn't. Twere a good while back. Now stay off my lawn.
47 I was a carpenter apprenticeship, 55 I was getting my schoolbus license.
Not sure it's worth another 24 hour one way plane trip go get a eps foamie

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
I may try a test flight of the Mini Talon on Sunday. Line of sight, without the camera mount and VTX. Finished adding 3D printer bumper to nose and carbon fiber strip to rear skid/fin, both for landing protection.

When doing my first plane FPV as I do fly quads FPV my nephew and I will buddy box, one flies FPV and the master flies line of sight just in case something goes wrong.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Whilst the UK weather pretty much keeps me grounded at the weekends I've just carried on working on the plane.
Pictures front to back.
The 2-axis gimbal
IMG_20191031_200943049.jpg
The receiver - currently an frsky XM+ ....this will be changed for crossfire
IMG_20191031_201148186.jpg
The battery connector with small fly lead supplying battery voltage for powering bigger cameras
IMG_20191031_201119215.jpg
Flight controller Matek F405-Wing and GPS receiver - the funny block in the middle is a connector flylead I made to make connecting the wing servos easier
IMG_20191031_201100516.jpg
EACHINE TX805 VTX leading to the AOMWAY antenna, keeping the power wiring neat and away from the VTX
IMG_20191031_201037082.jpg IMG_20191031_201049468.jpg IMG_20191031_201056151.jpg
40A ESC - mounted in airflow
IMG_20191031_200843124.jpg
Motor - Sunnysky 1216 1250KV
IMG_20191031_200832333.jpg

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Maiden flight completed, despite being balanced as per the manual it flew as if it was on the cusp of tail heavy. Still it flew and landed without any damage 👍
You definitely need to use the rudder on this plane or it drags it's tail.
Worth getting a bigger battery for it 😀.
No pictures/video as I was nervous enough!!!!